Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SA women in good position in semi of World Cup. They defend 218/6 and Eng are 170/5 after 41 overs

Just like we're most likely going to miss Gary Ballance.

out the 3rd test with a broken finger 

unlucky  :thumbdown:

How close was the SL-Zim test though?? My goodness I feel for Zimbabwe!

ja, Ervine got 160 in first innings, Raza 127 in 2nd. Cremer took 9 wickets (out of 16).

herath took 11 wiickets, but didn't get man of the match - that went to gunaratne who got an unbetaen fifty. but herath did get man of the series (even though there was only one game?!).

all in all, well played Zim, or bad form from SL - bit of both i reckon. they did still win the ODI series and must take some serious momentum from this tour

His focus since the back problem, which he feared would end his career, has largely been on Test cricket. After making a successful comeback in the series against New Zealand in March, Morkel opted not to return to the IPL in order to get himself ready for the England series. He has also decided not to go to the CPL so he can prepare for a home summer that includes 10 Tests and South Africa's own T20 event, the Global League. Morkel has not been named as one of the marquee players attached to a franchise for that tournament but may yet add his name to the draft. He is not ruling out T20 leagues entirely, but said international cricket is his first priority.

"If there's a T20 league I can go and play in and improve my skills and put my name into the hat for other tournaments, then I need to make that opportunity count. But the Proteas and this environment come first. So I need to focus on that."

Wow, much respect!

ja, Ervine got 160 in first innings, Raza 127 in 2nd. Cremer took 9 wickets (out of 16).

herath took 11 wiickets, but didn't get man of the match - that went to gunaratne who got an unbetaen fifty. but herath did get man of the series (even though there was only one game?!).

all in all, well played Zim, or bad form from SL - bit of both i reckon. they did still win the ODI series and must take some serious momentum from this tour

Honestly, I would have given the MoM award to Raza. The way he dug Zimbabwe out of the hole they were in after losing their top 5 for almost no runs, remarkable.

England missing JP already.

Brilliant chirp!

So Duminy has been sent home, many saying it spells the end of his international career. But with a batting avg of 32 and less than 50 wickets in total, he was damn lucky to play so many tests for SA! 

Looking forward to tomorrows test. Pity there was such a long break inbetween, we certainly could've taken the momentum from the 2nd test into this one.

Brilliant chirp!

So Duminy has been sent home, many saying it spells the end of his international career. But with a batting avg of 32 and less than 50 wickets in total, he was damn lucky to play so many tests for SA! 

Looking forward to tomorrows test. Pity there was such a long break inbetween, we certainly could've taken the momentum from the 2nd test into this one.

ja overs kadovers - I don't think his record reflects what he brought to the team. but it does show what might have been.