Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your point of view.

Picking the best is an ideal. Understandably as it is about competition. Makes sense in a vacuum without socio-political.

Winning at all cost is not an option anymore. Winning in modern South Africa is about the higher ideals of nationhood and playing like champions.

And now... let's see who won the toss. :clap:

well they went with my wish....

The way I see it, you're supposed to load the side for Bangladesh/Zim matches. Which they didn't do, so will need to make up any slack in the limited overs format.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not the start we hoped for...

Maharaj at 8, were going to have to bat well and hope our bowlers can fire with some scoreboard pressure later today

Wow, AB is special - scoring at more than a run a ball when everybody else is struggling to get to terms with the conditions. I really hope he can stay there for some time. Maybe then we have a fighting chance...

Maharaj at 8, were going to have to bat well and hope our bowlers can fire with some scoreboard pressure later today

Maharaj is quite steady with the bat

And The Vern of course

Let’s hope they can add some runs

And The Vern of course

Yup,

Keshav averages 17.84 in tests with 232 runs in 19 innings and a first class batting average of 22.45 with 2245 runs.

Big Vern averages 25.44 with almost 1200 runs in tests and a first class average of 26.23 with 4197 runs. If I remember correctly he was the number 1 test all-rounder by some margin for a quite a while.

And The Vern of course

ok, let me compare it to the last time India where here, 4 years ago. Also got philander/morkel/ Steyn.

The 10/11 is the same Steyn/morkel

7/8/9

duminy/Robbie p/Vern

Vern/kesh/kg

We're not batting nearly as deep with this line up. But with Vern now in, time to perform!

155/5

Wag the dog, tail ????

Indeed, and at rapid pace!

Interesting to see Ashwin coming in at the 41st over. I wonder when last India has spin coming past the 25th over? And they've got jadeja on the bench. Ranks as #3 test bowler, #2 test all rounder. But that's all mainly from dustbowls at home so he doesn't even play here.

This is shaping to be one hell of a series

This pitch is lively.

The SA pacemen are gonna have a party.

#groenmamba ????

Almost.

...It’s like 259/5

That’s brilliant on very bowler-friendly conditions

With a long tail

GO BLOMMETJIES ????