Cricket......

E1A104

wanderer's pitch....i don't think you need to bother buying day 4 and 5 tickets just yet.

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/d5a1770c-ac09-4856-a28b-4882c98d1a0a.jpg

Pitch? What pitch? Just looks like someone had his lawnmower misaligned a little while mowing the outfield  :P

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cook is not in the squad, I think his career is done before it really got started. Time was always against him.

Only got 2 openers in the squad. Would they slot Temba or Theunis in, like they have with middle order batsmen before with not much success? Not sure who the next best opener in line is, the Sunfoil Series was played earlier in the season but a massive amount of games were rain affected so not much cricket was had. (imagine if played their fielding coach?!)

I think Ontong retired from playing in order to take up the coaching position but I suppose he wouldn't fare any worse than Khun did. So glad that experiment has been shelved!

As for the Sunfoil Series isn't the one guy from the Warriors doing all right? Seemed to remember that one of those two was having a good season. Anyways I would hate to be in the selectors shoes for next week's match. A lot good players pressing for a place and not a lot of open slots. What a headache, but a good one for us fans!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

another unsung hero of the cricket for me is 

Firdose Moonda @ espn cricinfo.

She's the SA correspondant, has ALL the eyes of bosses and other indian journalists here and has been churning out some excellent pieces all series.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;debut_or_last=1;filter=advanced;orderby=bbi;team=3;template=results;type=bowling

I enjoy her in #politeenquiries - "Does Kohli have a review reserved for himself"

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/index.html?genre=119

Video won't embed

wanderer's pitch....i don't think you need to bother buying day 4 and 5 tickets just yet.

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/d5a1770c-ac09-4856-a28b-4882c98d1a0a.jpg

I simply can not understand why they schedule a Wanderers test from Wednesday to Sunday... 

good to see that Bavuma got some game time in 1Day Cup yesterday, even though the test was still on. he got 65. JPD is in fine form with the bat, topping the batting runs and averages. and he helped himself to a 37run over too

Leie to Duminy, SIX, finishes it in fine style, once more into the oaks for a bonus point win, 37 off the over
5nb
Leie to Duminy, (no ball) FOUR, drives thru extra cover to bring the required runs down to 1
Leie to Duminy, 2 runs,
Leie to Duminy, SIX, once again sails onto the grass banks under the oaks
Leie to Duminy, SIX, slog sweep into the oaks once more and brings up his 50 off 33 balls
Leie to Duminy, SIX, straight drive over the umpire and onto the sitescreen
Leie to Duminy, SIX, slog sweep into the oaks once more, Duminy keen to finish this quickly

Imho Bavuma has the technique to survive opening....

Just not JPD please, not anywhere. As good and talented as he is, and as much as I like him as batter, he's had his chance.

I simply can not understand why they schedule a Wanderers test from Wednesday to Sunday...

Ja nee

Very strange ????

Haven’t seen that before

Day 4 and 5 with the weekend crowds

Edited by 'Dale

Imho Bavuma has the technique to survive opening....

Just not JPD please, not anywhere. As good and talented as he is, and as much as I like him as batter, he's had his chance.

That Temba did during the last test of our ill fated India in India series. And yes his technique is sound enough to be a make shift opener but I'd much rather have him in the middle order.

As for JPD he is retired from tests and I suspect that he wouldn't have figured in the selectors thinking.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Ja nee

Very strange ????

Haven’t seen that before

Day 4 and 5 with the weekend crowds

The f it goes into final session on Sunday it’s a stroke of genius, but I think day 3 and 4 over weekend would’ve worked better.

I want to know who the genius is that schedules test cricket in the Highveld in Jan. Lets see how many sessions are lost to the usual afternoon thunder storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While the senior side prepared for what they hoped would be a title run in the World Cup, Rabada busied himself with trying to win domestic accolades for Lions. Against Dolphins in February 2015, he broke the franchise record for the best match figures with 14 for 105, five runs fewer than Dale Steyn's 14 for 110 seven seasons earlier.

Read more in this insightful article here

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1133303/the-rise-of-rabada

I suspect that if we win the toss we will still bat first 9/10 times at the Wanderers. The Wanderers is all about bounce and not necessarily lateral movement. 

Edited by Dusty