Cricket......

E1A104

Morkel is working hard on his title as a serial noballer sad.png

He should really work on that. Being tall is not an excuse.

really cant understand it and its dam unprofessional to say the least... rather fall short 5/10cm frm the crease and lose that 0.5km/h on ur delivery, than get a wicket and end up looking like a spanner for overstepping! happens way to often cursing.gif

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of the Barmy Army.....

"We are the England. The mighty mighty England......."

Until you bowl spin at us.

Hahaha!

Something I can't quite unnerstand: (Yeah, I know. it's normal for one of my limited mental capacity)

In the current test rankings, we have 3 bowlers in the top 10. Steyn (1st) Philander (2nd) and Morkel (9th) (despite all his "no-balls")

In the batting, we have Amla (2nd) Kallis (3rd) Abie (6th) and captain fatty (G Smith) (10th)

So how come we lost so badly to Aus in the first test. (Yes, I know the official result was a draw, but it was technically a major hiding.)

Surely we should be better than our previous performance.

2nd test starting tomorrow.

Something I can't quite unnerstand: (Yeah, I know. it's normal for one of my limited mental capacity)

In the current test rankings, we have 3 bowlers in the top 10. Steyn (1st) Philander (2nd) and Morkel (9th) (despite all his "no-balls")

In the batting, we have Amla (2nd) Kallis (3rd) Abie (6th) and captain fatty (G Smith) (10th)

So how come we lost so badly to Aus in the first test. (Yes, I know the official result was a draw, but it was technically a major hiding.)

That's the magical question for the coaching staff.

But conditions play a role:

The wicket was flat and there were no enough lateral movement for the bowlers.

The bowlers no-balled badly and more than 20 times. So, individual errors that can drop a team's morale.

JP's absence as a spin bowling option really exhausted the faster bowlers,much can lead to more errors. Even Amla was bowling at one stage.

Gonna be a good second test.

The bowlers no-balled badly and more than 20 times. So, individual errors that can drop a team's morale.

JP's absence as a spin bowling option really exhausted the faster bowlers,much can lead to more errors. Even Amla was bowling at one stage.

I'd also like to add:

Loosing JP before he even had a chance to bat in the first innings probably changed our approach to a more defensive one (we batted at 3 per over or less and Aus at 4 or more per over). We were effectively a batsman and a part time bowler (more than useful part time spin) short for basically the whole game. Most other teams would have folded to the Aussie pressure being a player short for the whole match.

A few poor umpiring decisions may have also changed things a bit. Amla for instance was given out when the ball was clearly going over the stumps. You may ask whether we should not have referred this one? Perhaps we should have, but if the result was "umpire's call" we would have lost a valuable review. If referred decisions turns out to be umpires call, the side referring should not be penalised further by loosing a review.

I'd also like to add:

Loosing JP before he even had a chance to bat in the first innings probably changed our approach to a more defensive one (we batted at 3 per over or less and Aus at 4 or more per over). We were effectively a batsman and a part time bowler (more than useful part time spin) short for basically the whole game. Most other teams would have folded to the Aussie pressure being a player short for the whole match.

A few poor umpiring decisions may have also changed things a bit. Amla for instance was given out when the ball was clearly going over the stumps. You may ask whether we should not have referred this one? Perhaps we should have, but if the result was "umpire's call" we would have lost a valuable review. If referred decisions turns out to be umpires call, the side referring should not be penalised further by loosing a review.

Couldn't agree more. Losing JP was a big one. It's easy to underestimate how much he would have featured in our bowling plans. Even if not as a wicket taker, but rather as a 'holding' bowler who would keep one end quiet.

Sometimes you will have bad days and you won't always play like the no 1 side in the world. The important thing is how you come through those tough moments. The key is, we didn't give Australia the victory when we were under pressure. Australia took the moral victory out of the match, but in the history books a moral victory means nothing.

Australia could make a big mistake by being over confident going into the next match, not that I think they will. How the guys bowled and batted in the last match means little. How will the play tomorrow? Let's see.

Sometimes you will have bad days and you won't always play like the no 1 side in the world. The important thing is how you come through those tough moments. The key is, we didn't give Australia the victory when we were under pressure. Australia took the moral victory out of the match, but in the history books a moral victory means nothing.

Australia could make a big mistake by being over confident going into the next match, not that I think they will. How the guys bowled and batted in the last match means little. How will the play tomorrow? Let's see.

I really hope we stick it to them. Saw an interview with Mickey Arthur on SS the other night - he's already got a very slight Aussie twang. Hate, hate, hate...

Quite amazing story

Abul Hasan has just made his debut for Bangladesh against WI. Batting at no 10 he is the first man in 110 years score a century on debut. Well done!

Your question is either in jest or you really do have no grasp on the game.

Cricket is not played on past results.

Moving on to tomorrow, I think the side is better balanced with Tahir in and Faf really is a like for like swap with JP now out for a while. He's done bloody well to force his way into the contention, BUT he really didn't take his chances in the limited overs games so far this year.

We still are favourites here. Hopefully we can bat first, get 400+ on the board, get them out for under 300 first up, and set them 450 to win on a crumbling pitch. Looks like Clarke/Ponting/Hussey but mostly Clarke hold the key for them.