Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice little runout off a noball, if the graph is accurate - not that i care because its India [emoji23]

fcbffd863feef422fe60fa2cb335ffc7.jpg

Edited by gemmerbal

Kinda feel for India here. Pitch is a let down. And if NZ goes through to the final I suspect they would get thrashed by either Oz or England.

maybe.

The final of the tournament has almost always been a let down.

NZ made something like six semis before winning one.

second consecutive final now, i wouldn't count them out no matter who makes it out the pre-ashes contest tomorrow

My year has been made, tata tata hasie hasie. Tsek back to Mumbai.

Dhoni on 49 gets runout coming for the 2nd. Probably the least celebrated fifty in world cricket, ever.

Dhoni on 49 gets runout coming for the 2nd. Probably the least celebrated fifty in world cricket, ever.

Gotta wonder what Kohli is going to say now given how he had defended Dhoni and the way he has gone about his batting. Regardless of MSD's performance with the bat his status as a living legend is pretty much assured.

Gotta wonder what Kohli is going to say now given how he had defended Dhoni and the way he has gone about his batting. Regardless of MSD's performance with the bat his status as a living legend is pretty much assured.

Agreed... But yet we are very quick to crucify our own legend #

comes Jadeja comes in at 92/6, MSD was well within his right to anchor whilst Ravindra went for it.

A 116run 7th wicket partnership @ 6,6rpo is gold. Dhoni goes at 70 SR because RJ is 130 SR

once jadeja goes out, he goes to 200SR (ok, 8 off 4, with 2 scoring shots).

The margins are small in this game, but i think MSD played that brilliantly. Top6 get ALL the blame here(and there will be plenty).

Hash is a legend, no question.

But, you have to question is selection for the World Cup given his lack of form, lack of preparation and his mental state with his father being on sick bed, which was also the reason why he declined to play domestic cricket leading up to the WC.

Any cricketer will tell you, net practice is not the same as time in the middle. Its the same with IDT vs riding out in the real world.

Hash has an immense record and nothing can make him less of a legend.

Agreed... But yet we are very quick to crucify our own legend #

He’ll blame DRS as per usual. Knob.

Hash is a legend, no question.

But, you have to question is selection for the World Cup given his lack of form, lack of preparation and his mental state with his father being on sick bed, which was also the reason why he declined to play domestic cricket leading up to the WC.

Any cricketer will tell you, net practice is not the same as time in the middle. Its the same with IDT vs riding out in the real world.

Hash has an immense record and nothing can make him less of a legend.

fully agreed.

You can't blame the player out of form who gets selected on reputation.

He shouldn't even have been in the squad, they put him in and I thought, they'll give him 2 games and if he fails then it's plan B.

I don't know what more he could have done to have been dropped, he has been that poor this season.

domestic T20 in mar/apr was the final cricket prior to WC squad. # played 8 games, 92 runs, top score of 32. Against SA provincial bowlers that was never going to convert to WC success.

Edited by Shebeen

comes Jadeja comes in at 92/6, MSD was well within his right to anchor whilst Ravindra went for it.

A 116run 7th wicket partnership @ 6,6rpo is gold. Dhoni goes at 70 SR because RJ is 130 SR

once jadeja goes out, he goes to 200SR (ok, 8 off 4, with 2 scoring shots).

The margins are small in this game, but i think MSD played that brilliantly. Top6 get ALL the blame here(and there will be plenty).

Didn't follow game to closely so wasn't entirely aware that MSD had upped his SR that drastically.

Still a fantastic knock given the circumstance. Unfortunately it just didn't work out for him and India.

My friend, dont you know by now, SA sports teams dont do “plan B”. Its plan A only. Showing loyalty to a player is great, but you cant do it blindly.

Anyways. Looking forward to tomorrow’s game. I reckon its going to be better than the final.

fully agreed.

You can't blame the player out of form who gets selected on reputation.

He shouldn't even have been in the squad, they put him in and I thought, they'll give him 2 games and if he fails then it's plan B.

I don't know what more he could have done to have been dropped, he has been that poor this season.

domestic T20 in mar/apr was the final cricket prior to WC squad. # played 8 games, 92 runs, top score of 32. Against SA provincial bowlers that was never going to convert to WC success.

Yes. But the roses should have been smelled after a couple of games already.

I felt he was worth the risk. Sadly it didn't pan out.