Cricket......

E1A104

I have lost so much interest in our cricket over the last few seasons. Years gone by, I would have had the TV on the whole day yesterday watching this test but I just wasn't interested yesterday. I also have found that majority of our tests, win or loose, don't go 5 days. Lets hope with all these new appointments I can get back into it as I really love the game and spent plenty hours at wanderers watching cricket with my folks as a lightie.

So far you are missing a good one at Centurion....

Just seeing all the blue sky was amazing, not to mention the cricket

I wonder if anyone knows what happened to the photographer that was stretchered off just before the first ball was bowled yesterday? Apparently he fell or collapsed while walking to his position on the boundary and held up play for a few minutes....Hope he is ok

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shocking day for the Proteas. No fire!!! 

not looking so shocking after all...

the control big Vern has of the red ball is incredible! who needs pace when you can be that good at your line and length so often.

England 157/6....he he

181 all gone 

Hope SA openers can put on a descent total to add to the 103 deficit and then the pitch cracks up on the last 2 days

happy we wrapped that up quickly

commanding position, now lets drive on with some positive cricket! 

I wonder if anyone knows what happened to the photographer that was stretchered off just before the first ball was bowled yesterday? Apparently he fell or collapsed while walking to his position on the boundary and held up play for a few minutes....Hope he is ok

Photographer Christiaan Kotze became part of the story on Thursday when he was injured in front of the sightscreen and caused a delay to the start of a Test match - and possibly contributed to South African batsman Dean Elgar's wicket.

Kotze, on assignment for AFP, had finished shooting some pre-play images before the first Test between South Africa and England. He was walking in front of the sightscreen when he tripped on the boundary rope and then lost his footing on a slippery pitch cover.

He collapsed in severe pain from what was diagnosed as badly-sprained right knee ligaments and needed medical treatment on the spot before he was carried away on a stretcher.

The start of the match was delayed by several minutes - and when it began Elgar played a loose shot and was caught behind down the leg side off the first ball of the match, delivered by James Anderson.

Kotze's his wife Catherine took over his ground level camera, while after treatment he hobbled up to a more comfortable position in the press box.

"I hope I didn't cause Dean Elgar to lose concentration," he said. "But when I was limping past some English guys they thanked me for the wicket."

Some great cricket play by SA for the last 4 wickets that I’ve watched... Long may that continue :clap: :clap:

Anderson with success in his first over... how many times has that happened over the years

first time in both innings apparently 

"This is the first time in his Test career James Anderson has picked wickets in the first over of the innings in both innings of the match" cricinfo

181 all gone 

Hope SA openers can put on a descent total to add to the 103 deficit and then the pitch cracks up on the last 2 days

Eish 

eeeeeeerrrr (insert wrong buzzer sound)