Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another game cancelled. Due to hotel staff testing positive and now 2 English players.

Turning into a nightmare.

And a Gigantic embarrassment for CSA. This could, and probably will, cause problems for the other incoming tours.

And a Gigantic embarrassment for CSA. This could, and probably will, cause problems for the other incoming tours.

Hopefully CSA learn from this. Although it should not have happened it has so learn they must.

Was really looking forward to these games.

Hopefully CSA learn from this. Although it should not have happened it has so learn they must.

Was really looking forward to these games.

Absolutely agreed. The only way our will improve is if the players get to play especially against high quality opponents like England and Australia.

Another game cancelled. Due to hotel staff testing positive and now 2 English players.

Turning into a nightmare.

Just imagine my shock and disappointment finding this out only today...here i was looking forward to a lazy afternoon under a blankie on the couch watching / dozing the afternoon away with some cricket...

Why CSA? Serious question though, surely the risk is always there and it's their duty to take extra precautions or not?

Why CSA? Serious question though, surely the risk is always there and it's their duty to take extra precautions or not?

Mostly the embarrassment is due to the fact that they were the ones who invited England to come play and organised the hotel and were responsible to ensure both team's safety. Our players tested positive and so has the staff of the hotel and that has now effected the England team. Yes there is a risk but that risk was meant to be managed by CSA by creating the bio bubble.

This is CSA's first opportunity to host in a biosecure environment. With the chaos at administrative and commercial level, it was crucial for this tournament to be a solid success and replenish the credibility of the brand somewhat.

Two other teams are due to arrive in summer and, without a doubt, this will now be a sporting and commercial threat. Add the 3-0 loss, man, it'll hurt, as the margin for winning were not as close as the hosts have made it out to be.

Allowing players to head to the golf course as a means to manage the 'mental prison fatique' that is a biosecure environment was a questionable allowance. Just too risky with this gogga with so much at stake for battered organisation. Hence, the decision to stay in a hotel with a lekka outside environment.

At an alleged 850 Randelas a test per person, including hotel staff, add a few retests and extra cover requests by the visiting team this weekend, the profit margin for hosting is being nailed, notwithstanding the loss of precious ODI time with the World Champions, as well as precious points in the world series thingy. Blow upon blow.

Remember, Standard Bank checked out. And Momentum too (only staying to back the Proteas Women). 

Hey, if the embattled Zimbabwe Cricket Union can host Pakistan with zero positive goggas, it reflects poorly on their southern neighbours.

post-12015-0-15439600-1607273654_thumb.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

I rode past faf and his 2 mates (all un-masked) in tokai yesterday.

What a *** situation and doesn't help 1 bit for our the our much needed game time.

I rode past faf and his 2 mates (all un-masked) in tokai yesterday.

What a *** situation and doesn't help 1 bit for our the our much needed game time.

Surely not?

He is supposed to be inside the bubble at the hotel

He was released for the ODI’s as far as I know.

Surely not?

Surely not?

wondered the same thing... it was definitely him!

Faf was released after lots of time at IPL (3 month biosecure bubble away from home in UAE) and contributing to the T20 space. He must be carefully managed for overload, role exhaustion and general player well-being. His seniority is precious to the team environment, amongst other attributes.

The English have a chartered flight back on Thursday. Some players are heading back to BBL. Decision about the rest of the ODI series will likely be made today. The clock is ticking.