Bike shops - Easy to follow guide on how operate a telephone

mark ellis

Dear Bike shops,

I have provided a simple to follow guide on the operating procedure for the common telephone:

This is a telephone:

post-10432-0-55004900-1321024264.jpg

Sometimes you may hear a funny ringing sound (briiing briiing) coming from this device, this sound indicates that somebody, normally a customer wanting to spend money, would like to communicate with you.

By lifting the "receiver" part of the phone or pressing the "answer" key, it enables you to communicate with the person on the other end of the line. This is a receiver unit:

post-10432-0-51157900-1321024978.png

Surprisingly, it is also possible to use this same telephone to make calls. The steps are as follows:

Lift receiver (see image above)

Press the buttons with the little numbers (1234567890) on to input the contact number of the person you wish to communicate with, probably a customer wanting to spend money, who you told you would call back.

Pass on the info the contact had inquired about by talking into the receiver unit.

Easy as that.

Next week we will cover how to send and reply to emails.

(just a bit of fun! not all shops need this guide)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

reading this i'm tempted to drop a copy of your post off at a few bike shops i know, not all but quite a few

Dear Bike shops,

I have provided a simple to follow guide on the operating procedure for the common telephone:

This is a telephone:

post-10432-0-55004900-1321024264.jpg

Sometimes you may hear a funny ringing sound (briiing briiing) coming from this device, this sound indicates that somebody, normally a customer wanting to spend money, would like to communicate with you.

By lifting the "receiver" part of the phone or pressing the "answer" key, it enables you to communicate with the person on the other end of the line. This is a receiver unit:

post-10432-0-51157900-1321024978.png

Surprisingly, it is also possible to use this same telephone to make calls. The steps are as follows:

Lift receiver (see image above)

Press the buttons with the little numbers (1234567890) on to input the contact number of the person you wish to communicate with, probably a customer wanting to spend money, who you told you would call back.

Pass on the info the contact had inquired about by talking into the receiver unit.

Easy as that.

Next week we will cover how to send and reply to emails.

(just a bit of fun! not all shops need this guide)

Ek het in Oktober agt verskillende Bike shops gebel vir pryse op n nuwe fiets en vir almal gemail,van die agt wat gese het ek bel jou binne 5min terug het net twee vir my laat weet oor n prys .Niemand het reply op enige emails.Dit is flippen pateties ,maar hulle is gou om te kla oor besigheid is swak miskien moet hulle n slag hulle vinger uit hulle gat haal en begin werk.By die een shop sit die laaities op hulle gat en eet pizza terwyl daar seker 4 mense in winkel rondstap en kyk na fietse niemand sal eers die moeite doen en vra of hulle kan help.

Dude.

The pimple face youf of today use Twitface, Farcebook and BBM.

Just thought I would let you in on that. Even with your phone edu, they sure as hell don't have time to answer, because all four of their thumbs are busy!

Dude.

The pimple face youf of today use Twitface, Farcebook and BBM.

Just thought I would let you in on that. Even with your phone edu, they sure as hell don't have time to answer, because all four of their thumbs are busy!

some friends communicate with their teenagers through SMS & BBM these days. They seem to get their answers quicker too.

Thought this was a PE thing, seems it happens in your special place too!

Dont think it only applies to bike shops tho - I constantly struggle with all sorts of suppliers, customers, etc. not calling back or even answering my calls. It IS very frustrating!

The problem is that people don`t take pride in what they do. We live for the moment, for today only.

We live for self gratification , there aren`t people out there that do the same job for 40 years then retire.No it`s more like 20 jobs over the same period so everytime you phone somewhere there is a noob that doesn`t know what`s procedure or what he is actually doing and as soon as he knows what he is doing he gets another job starting the cycle all over again.

some friends communicate with their teenagers through SMS & BBM these days. They seem to get their answers quicker too.

Maybe they need to have phone etiquette taught as part of the school curriculum, in Matric.

No surprise then that we buy from CRC and ignore the "Support your LBS" brigade.

Yeah, I have tried that route, and still do sometimes, but CRC seems to have stock of what I am looking for and I get what I order in minimal time.

That being said, my last 3 purchases from CWC have been quite successful :thumbup:

Ek het in Oktober agt verskillende Bike shops gebel vir pryse op n nuwe fiets en vir almal gemail,van die agt wat gese het ek bel jou binne 5min terug het net twee vir my laat weet oor n prys .Niemand het reply op enige emails.Dit is flippen pateties ,maar hulle is gou om te kla oor besigheid is swak miskien moet hulle n slag hulle vinger uit hulle gat haal en begin werk.By die een shop sit die laaities op hulle gat en eet pizza terwyl daar seker 4 mense in winkel rondstap en kyk na fietse niemand sal eers die moeite doen en vra of hulle kan help.

somerset wes he?? dis nie my lbs nie.....HCW perhaps?

Link from a coding article I was reading the other day (link was called 'Email is for old stupid people')

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20071114/144228.shtml

Not to mention that email is now 40 years old anyway...

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2011/10/08/the-first-email-was-sent-40-years-ago-this-month/

Seems these days that phones are for older, stupider people. :huh:

Edited by davetapson