SASCOC & CSA meeting

Thug

Oh and if I have to add some solutions, then it means they have been doing a *** job all this time in any case, they should have used their creativity a long time ago.

Edited by Dangle

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooner or later unions land up organising fun rides, tours ext, where this should be done by the clubs. Lucky GNC operates very well as a co-ordinating body between clubs and clubs are more than just the representitives of their riders but also major organisers of races and activities in the province.

If Gauteng North is operating so well how did one of your previous people disappear with R350k?

Anyone see it? What did he say?

Something along the lines that it was a very good meeting.

1.SASCOC accepted everything that CSA told them.

2.Greg was quite vague about the allegations that they cleared up

3.CSA needs to rewrite its constitution

4.Tour of SA 2012 could not be fully sponsored but watch this space in future years.

I read that yesterday, and was wondering what this bit meant: Mr Mahomed highlighted the need for CyclingSA’s structure within the proposed new constitution to accommodate only correctly sanctioned affiliates. No private associations and/or clubs may affiliate themselves directly to CyclingSA. In such organisations will need to align themselves with provincial affiliates. SASCOC emphasised that it is imperative that the Board of CyclingSA continue its efforts in transforming the composition of the Board in order that it may be more representative of South African demographics.

I read that yesterday, and was wondering what this bit meant: Mr Mahomed highlighted the need for CyclingSA’s structure within the proposed new constitution to accommodate only correctly sanctioned affiliates. No private associations and/or clubs may affiliate themselves directly to CyclingSA. In such organisations will need to align themselves with provincial affiliates. SASCOC emphasised that it is imperative that the Board of CyclingSA continue its efforts in transforming the composition of the Board in order that it may be more representative of South African demographics.

Those are big words to say stuff cultural and sporting diversity. It means that South Africa IS and WILL be a homogeneous bunch of drones, all acting, looking, being and wanting to be the same. It is 'nice' words to circumvent the public statements that quotas are dead and did not work.

How about firstly getting CSA to be representative of South African cycling demographics first?

The other thing I want to know about is this:

It was indeed unfortunate that Mr Lemmer was not present.

With regard to CyclingSA’s finances, it was found that the unsubstantiated allegations were unacceptable to SASCOC and CyclingSA. Boland cycling was instructed to take the necessary action in order to deal with the members who are out of line and continuously bring CyclingSA into disrepute.

Those are big words to say stuff cultural and sporting diversity. It means that South Africa IS and WILL be a homogeneous bunch of drones, all acting, looking, being and wanting to be the same. It is 'nice' words to circumvent the public statements that quotas are dead and did not work.

How about firstly getting CSA to be representative of South African cycling demographics first?

Had to have a giggle at Fikile Mbalula's release about quotas:

Why do we have a dual model for school sport? One for the reach and one for the poor?

so that means PPA can no longer be an affiliate of CSA - and further down in that report back it states that they will be moving from 14 affiliates to 9 (representing each Provice). That means PPA will act as a club under the Province. As far as i am concerned that is a good thing

so that means PPA can no longer be an affiliate of CSA - and further down in that report back it states that they will be moving from 14 affiliates to 9 (representing each Provice). That means PPA will act as a club under the Province. As far as i am concerned that is a good thing

What about GNC and CGC? Many other sporting codes uses the Jukskei to split GP.

What about GNC and CGC? Many other sporting codes uses the Jukskei to split GP.

yes - all of them, 14 - 9 essentially they should be loosing 5

yes - all of them, 14 - 9 essentially they should be loosing 5

does not make sense. majority of SA is located in GP. It will make GP too strong to compete against provinces like NW/EC/NC. All it will do is force athletes to register via non-home provinces to make provincial teams.

does not make sense. majority of SA is located in GP. It will make GP too strong to compete against provinces like NW/EC/NC. All it will do is force athletes to register via non-home provinces to make provincial teams.

ok - i'm talking out of turn with regard to that and I am not 100% familiar with how Gauteng works. I am just referring to what was officially stated - "Affiliates: There are 14 affiliates at the moment due to historical reasons. These will be changed to nine affiliates, to represent the nine provinces." Be interesting to hear some more detail with that

So you don't have Gauteng Champs, but seperate Gauteng North and Gauteng Central Champs?

THe governmenst push to 9 provinces only and then various sub provinces or regions is not only for cycling, but also in all other sports. It is an attempt to neaten up the administration, as each province is allocated a sport budget and each metro has a diferent budget ext. In order to allow for the allocation of these budgets at the various levels of government, the sport boundaries have to be aligned to the government boundaries. THe Gauteng province, for instance will not give either GNC or CGC cycling a cent as neither organisation represents the entire cycling population of Gauteng. THe metro of tswane may give GNC some money, but there is a small problem on the issue of the name of the union.

Government's stance is that no compliance to governance guidleines equals no release of funds to sport bodies. And CSA is responsible for governance issues for cycling..........