Is Shimano better than SRAM?

Christie

Found this on velonews:

Garmin-Cervelo switching back to Shimano after 1 season on SRAM, and will be racing with Di2. Interesting thing is that they will not be sponsored by Shimano, but will be buying the gruppos.

Did the riders perhaps not like SRAM, or could it be something else?

I had a full XTR groupset on a bike I recently sold, I now have SRAM X9 and the shifting feels way better on the SRAM. Maybe its because its new, on the other hand the XTR groupo was only 6months old.

personal preference.

Nothing more to it than that.

Very true !! I have a friend that went from Shimano to Scram..........just to go back to Shimano..........why? Because he PREFERES it,that's why ? BTW , I ride campy, recon the less gracious shifting groupset of the lot,but it works .......... well for me anyhow !

Edited by baie-sukkel

personal preference.

Nothing more to it than that.

But it is interesting if a whole pro team's preference is to pay for Shimano rather than ride sponsored SRAM.

i prefer Sram... i went through 3 XT derailures in 6months (just could not keep the settings and they would slip, miss gears and two snaped) and then went to Sram X9 derailure and XO grip shift... after 14months they still change as smooth as the day i got them.... and my riding is just as rough! :)

The real reason is that Sram Red is just too light. They've gone and built a 600g frame and now they need to shove lead ballast down the seat tube to bring the bike up to 6.8kg's. Seriously, who needs lead ballast when you can run DI2. :P

I am also changing over from the new Shimano 105 to SRAM Force...reason is weight, also the way you can shift down a few gears at once.... :)

Yes Shimano is better, ask Andy Schleck, Sram cost him the Tour de France last year!

Are we talking Road or MTB?

Road - Shimano

Mtb - possibly Sram but not convinced yet.