Best Value for money Wheels Road

DC Carbon

The Mavic SL 1485 grams for R8k

The Campagnola Zonda 1555 grams for R5k

Zipp 404 are 1685 grams and are way more expensive and I've heard are not very strong

Shimano Dura Ace CL Clincher 24 7900 1386 grams for R6k sounds like a great deal

Could not find any Ritchey wheels on chain reaction

Fulcrum racing 3 1555 grams for R5k seems very similar to the campags LOL

Easton EA90 1545 grams R6100k

Zipp 303 1171grams for R14200 light wheels but very pricy out of budget

Edited by constada

Here the hub price :

Campy 2011 Eurus R4000.00 (2 sets available)

Campy 2011 Shamals R7000.00

Mavic ES (as per your picture) R4200.00

Like I said before, I'd buy the Shamal's.

The Mavic SL 1485 grams for R8k

The Campagnola Zonda 1555 grams for R5k

Zipp 404 are 1685 grams and are way more expensive and I've heard are not very strong

Shimano Dura Ace CL Clincher 24 7900 1386 grams for R6k sounds like a great deal

Could not find any Ritchey wheels on chain reaction

Fulcrum racing 3 1555 grams for R5k seems very similar to the campags LOL

Easton EA90 1545 grams R6100k

Zipp 303 1171grams for R14200 light wheels but very pricy out of budget

Some have a 50mm dish and some don't.

A dish adds on weight but rolls better (well in some cases).

Another good option is the Shimano RS80 wheels, exacly the same as the dura ace just with different hubs but the exact same rim. Weigh a few grams more and picked up a new set from CWC for R4000

Edited by MTB_Roadie

Aerodynamic, stiffness and inertia comparison:

http://www.rouesartisanales.com/article-15505311.html

According to this wheel test my Shimano Wh-R550 wheels are aerodynamically amoung the best shallow rim wheels that you can get so i would be wasting money upgrading to anything other than a deep wheel. Which then opens up the debate of those wheels being hevier so what are the advantages?

Now I'm even more confused

According to this wheel test my Shimano Wh-R550 wheels are aerodynamically amoung the best shallow rim wheels that you can get so i would be wasting money upgrading to anything other than a deep wheel. Which then opens up the debate of those wheels being hevier so what are the advantages?

Now I'm even more confused

The rough rule-of-thumb given by Zipp is that the aero advantages of a deep section wheel, such as the 404, compared to a shallow wheel like a 202, outweigh the weight disadvantages on any gradient up to 8%. You gain more power being aero than you lose being heavy.

Basically, any race in SA will give you more advantage from aero than weight.

Now I am totally confused

Confused? That's 'cause you're shopping in a (virtual) boutique for poofter wheels.

Get custom-built wheels. Build them with Hope hubs - any colour under the sun - (except green and violet), black SAPIM Laser spokes and a black Macix CXP-33 rim.

These wheels are in for the long haul and when having to replace things on it, it isn't a part number from an obscure supplier, it is standard stuff anyone can supply and fit.

You'll save money too.

Confused? That's 'cause you're shopping in a (virtual) boutique for poofter wheels.

Get custom-built wheels. Build them with Hope hubs - any colour under the sun - (except green and violet), black SAPIM Laser spokes and a black Macix CXP-33 rim.

These wheels are in for the long haul and when having to replace things on it, it isn't a part number from an obscure supplier, it is standard stuff anyone can supply and fit.

You'll save money too.

How much would such a wheel cost and what would the weight be

Mavic wheels have 3 problems: (search the web fo "mavic wheel failure")

1. Freebody shifts and starts to squeal

2. Nipples that seize to the rim

3. rims that crack at the spoke holes due to the manufacturing process

If you are going to spend some $$$s, get something else. Shimano or Campy (I prefer Neutrons over Eurus/Shamal) both good - buy according to your groupset :)

Any idea on what a set like that will weigh?