[Event] Bicycling 24-Hour MTB - Omni-Motion

Ridemyplanet

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fitness is there but this long endurance, does seem eina. Anybody know the length of each lap and the most ever ridden solo?

I think locally it was 428 km's.

It's different for every course.

Laps are 12km each with around 125m climbing per lap.

I know of a few people that have done 300km+ on these races. And on SS bikes.

I am aiming for a lot less. Around 180km will make me happy.

If I do decide to enter, it makes for a fun 3 weekends! Fun ride (94.7) then DC then 24hr oh and then ASG night race.

3 weeks, 4 races.wacko.png

Laps are 12km each with around 125m climbing per lap.

I know of a few people that have done 300km+ on these races. And on SS bikes.

I am aiming for a lot less. Around 180km will make me happy.

I recall the one 24 hour at Logwood looking at a Polar reading and seeing just over 5000 meters ascent.

Over what distance?

Either way that is an insane amount of climbing.

I see the map and route profile was posted. Looks like its going to be a great route. Especially at night.

Over what distance?

Either way that is an insane amount of climbing.

I see the map and route profile was posted. Looks like its going to be a great route. Especially at night.

If I recall correctly it was around 320 km's.

That route that year was simply insane.

Reffering to the ct 24hr, I enter solo every year and at the end of the race I know far more people than on the morning when it started.

It really its a simple thing to ride with someone and strike up a conversation and if you are at a similar pace it kind of works.

24hr Events are amazing. The nature of the trail changes during the event, you can prefect your lines and develop a good flow, you can also get cocky when you are really tired thinking you can go well post your skill set and then end up lying in the bushes. All fun and games.

Sad that your jhb event its the only qualifier for the intenational 24hr. The int 24hr rides are very technical and on slightly longer loops......not sure how technical your jhb loops is, but I hope out offers up a decent challenge and so doing asked the best rider to win and compete overseas.

Any ct boys and girls going up there to win this one?

H

Any ct boys and girls going up there to win this one?

H

I get a feeling reading this, that you are under the impression that if the CT boys were to come and do it, they are guaranteed a win.

I get a feeling reading this, that you are under the impression that if the CT boys were to come and do it, they are guaranteed a win.

Not at all, I just like a good old fashioned wooden spoon stir every now and again :)

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/stylephotographs/stylephotographs1007/stylephotographs100700042/7296157-chef-stirring-with-a-wooden-spoon-in-a-big-pot.jpg

An unsuccesful attempt was made once not so whistling.gif

They'll get enlicement to (pr)offer advice and training. 4x40km rides a week should do it for this? whistling.gif devil.gif

An unsuccesful attempt was made once not so whistling.gif

you sure the CT boys just never got bored from the flat ride and instead stopped to drink beer and braai in the camp site :)

On a serious note, what is that trail like?