So you kick my car and run

jog5000

I thought road rage was reserved for Joburgers??

Nope. Jobuggers sure take the cake, but in The Province everyone DRIVES.

In CT, well, I really do not know HOW anyone survives in that traffic. I have seen better driving skills, and road sense, in central Africa.

For dinkum, when roadrage becomes a CT thing, then they are ALL going to kill each other - gone, the lot. Oh, with the exception of the Clio brigade, who are very polite, naf, smiley and forgiving. They will survive, but they live on veggies in tents someplace towards the other side of the mountain, I think.

At least holidays there will be cheaper...and safer.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Jobuggers sure take the cake, but in The Province everyone DRIVES.

In CT, well, I really do not know HOW anyone survives in that traffic. I have seen better driving skills, and road sense, in central Africa.

For dinkum, when roadrage becomes a CT thing, then they are ALL going to kill each other - gone, the lot. Oh, with the exception of the Clio brigade, who are very polite, naf, smiley and forgiving. They will survive, but they live on veggies in tents someplace towards the other side of the mountain, I think.

At least holidays there will be cheaper...and safer.

It's really funny to see how people view the Cape! Besides drivers not adhering to the "Keep Left Pass Right" rule, drivers are actually pretty chilled here compared to Jo'burg. I've not encountered a single incident here. On the other hand I was abused almost daily on Gauteng roads. I think with regards to the OP's post, there are ALWAYS 2 sides to a story. I'll bet he had some self righteous vitriol to spew at the cyclist, and instead of minding his own business, chose to be a hero, but with zero follow through. If it meant so much to the saintly driver he should have chased the cyclist down, performed a citizen's arrest for the crime he'd just witnessed, detained the cyclist, called the police and then watched as they rolled on the floor with laughter.

What is "the Clio brigade" by the way? I'm not following there?

You okes really take offense quickly, I reckon schmoose was just trying to lick a bit of cyclists butt, it was his way of saying cyclists are super special.

But damn, I love my car.

You okes really take offense quickly, I reckon schmoose was just trying to lick a bit of cyclists butt, it was his way of saying cyclists are super special.

But damn, I love my car.

Ja you're quite right actually. Though when an oke sets hiimself up ......

Anyhow, I just had a decent *** and am over it now.

But damn, I love my car.

:lol:

I had a runner once... I was sitting in a van at a red traffic light... i rolled forward only to have a roadie shout at me... you see he was holding onto my bin and when I rolled forward he nearly fell over... so he shouted and hit my side mirror as he road past...

I was calm...

Then he flipped me the bird...

So I drove around him and then pulled in front of him and applied brakes... roadie versus 2.5t van...

van 1 roadie 0

I am a cyclist and love the sport but it to has that little annoying group that gives the majority a bad name.

PS: I do not condone road rage and do not suffer from it... my conduct is quite simply to amuse myself.

PS: I do not condone road rage and do not suffer from it... my conduct is quite simply to amuse myself.

:lol: :lol: Ha, Ha, yeah, what we do for fun hey.? :D

Actually its a little off the subject but it just shows how differant folk react in different countries, I was just in Paris and as everyone knows, you never cross a road against the light there, its just chaotic, but a middle aged gent did just that, he dodged between the cars, but was halfway across when a motorcyclist on a scooter rode right into him, next thing I saw he was doing somersaults down the road from the impact.

Anyway, the guy got up, dusted himself off and walked over to the scooter rider and apologized, said he was to blame, patted the rider on the back and went on his way.

I wonder if that kind of reaction would happen here, somehow I doubt it, there's just too much aggro on our roads.

It's really funny to see how people view the Cape! Besides drivers not adhering to the "Keep Left Pass Right" rule, drivers are actually pretty chilled here compared to Jo'burg. I've not encountered a single incident here. On the other hand I was abused almost daily on Gauteng roads. I think with regards to the OP's post, there are ALWAYS 2 sides to a story. I'll bet he had some self righteous vitriol to spew at the cyclist, and instead of minding his own business, chose to be a hero, but with zero follow through. If it meant so much to the saintly driver he should have chased the cyclist down, performed a citizen's arrest for the crime he'd just witnessed, detained the cyclist, called the police and then watched as they rolled on the floor with laughter.

What is "the Clio brigade" by the way? I'm not following there?

Like, Hheey doood! No arguments there doood. Chilled is the rule!

So chilled, that 'flickers' aren't really like, necessary like. Turning a corner is, like, a career move, like. Traffic filter lights are, like, a friendly way of playing "no, you first"... :D

I love Capetown bru. There are far less X5 drivers. :thumbup:

The Clio Brigade: Yep. There's a story. Renault Clios, pink, sick blue, green, all with a GT stripe?? :unsure:, and every one had a driver who was just so, like chilled, like. Probably genetic CT.

In Durbs it would undoubtedly have been someone on an E comedown. :)

I don't know. You live there! Is it like a club or something?

I just know that your latest problem is the Mini Clubman crowd. :P

excuse me ?

you dont know me, dont challenge me on any respect you have for me

Don't touch me in my respect?

Actually its a little off the subject but it just shows how differant folk react in different countries, I was just in Paris and as everyone knows, you never cross a road against the light there, its just chaotic, but a middle aged gent did just that, he dodged between the cars, but was halfway across when a motorcyclist on a scooter rode right into him, next thing I saw he was doing somersaults down the road from the impact.

Anyway, the guy got up, dusted himself off and walked over to the scooter rider and apologized, said he was to blame, patted the rider on the back and went on his way.

I wonder if that kind of reaction would happen here, somehow I doubt it, there's just too much aggro on our roads.

My guidebook said, "Never look at the traffic in France or Italy. If they see that you've seen them, they keep going." It got interesting walking out into the middle of traffic circles and main roads without doing the "look left, look right, look left again", but the funny thing is that it worked.

Like, Hheey doood! No arguments there doood. Chilled is the rule!

So chilled, that 'flickers' aren't really like, necessary like. Turning a corner is, like, a career move, like. Traffic filter lights are, like, a friendly way of playing "no, you first"... :D

I love Capetown bru. There are far less X5 drivers. :thumbup:

The Clio Brigade: Yep. There's a story. Renault Clios, pink, sick blue, green, all with a GT stripe?? :unsure:, and every one had a driver who was just so, like chilled, like. Probably genetic CT.

In Durbs it would undoubtedly have been someone on an E comedown. :)

I don't know. You live there! Is it like a club or something?

I just know that your latest problem is the Mini Clubman crowd. :P

Stop speaking DURBAN...DUDE.... The rest of the country don't speak DURBAN.