So you kick my car and run

jog5000

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a number to call in Cape Town to report Taxis. A while ago my wife complained about a sudden increase of Taxis on the Durban rd, Durbanville. They were like hooligans, driving in the yellow line, stopping anywhere and everywhere, pushing in, (in other words, "normal" Taxi behaviour). She phoned the number and reported a specific Taxi that was hassling her every morning.

Great was her surprise when a couple of days later there was a major road block at the "Rose Garden", targeting the Taxis. Ever since, she says it is a pleasure to drive on Durban rd.

This is going way off-topic now, but the owner of the bike shop I help out at had a problem with taxis using his parking lot. One phonecall to the Benoni Taxi Association and they now regularly send officials around to make sure no one is doing this.

Of course these people are self righteous hypocrites who have no intention to follow through. The taxi driver is right, unless you are able and prepared to do something about it, the just mind your own business. A friend of mine was beaten into intensive care by taxi drivers when he tried to be a hero on the M1 once. How did that help him, or anyone else for that matter?

This is by far the most vile comment I've read. It's insane actually. What kind of person would write this I wonder? What about the 10 children killed the other day when a taxi jumped a level crossing? What about their families? You are obviously so lucky that you don't need to catch taxis or see your kids off in one each day. I feel sad for this country. It's people who say things like this that means there's no hope for this place. Really sad. You have no idea how most people live.

Why? You live in a township do you? You have a computer in there? You doing well for living in a township. I do know how these people live. I have been into the areas that they live in. I drop my employees off there every day.

The reason these taxis have gotten out of control is because no one did anything to stop them when they started. Then they got worse. And now... it is out of control. If they did something like they do when they don't get paid enough (riot and cause havoc)then we might not be in the situation we are in. You sir seem to be in very high morals here. Maybe you are a taxi owner? Maybe you are a taxi driver? I am sick and tired of these taxis and hell yes I get some sort of relief when I see one being taken off the road because it is finished. I do not wish for anyone to die in a vehicle (a very close relative of mine did) but it appears it is the only way to get these death traps off the road. I also blame the government because they have not made public transport their priority.

Secondly I do not have kids. Reason being I can't afford any. I like the way I live and I am not going to compromise. Therefore I have no children. It is not my culture but my choice.

There is a number to call in Cape Town to report Taxis. A while ago my wife complained about a sudden increase of Taxis on the Durban rd, Durbanville. They were like hooligans, driving in the yellow line, stopping anywhere and everywhere, pushing in, (in other words, "normal" Taxi behaviour). She phoned the number and reported a specific Taxi that was hassling her every morning.

Great was her surprise when a couple of days later there was a major road block at the "Rose Garden", targeting the Taxis. Ever since, she says it is a pleasure to drive on Durban rd.

Any chance you could send me the number?

bwaa haa haaa, taxis are a loosing battle, look at the brt system, it was supposed to replace the mini bus, yeah right.

But back to the topic, I wanna know what happened this morning, did the kicking cyclist meet up with the irrate drive????

Hoe did this end up being a thread about taxi's??

Yes...EDIT: I was wondering also

I was asking howcome people dont moan about other road users also...only about cyclist....

Edited by Niner

A few years ago there was a daily group ride that had a lot of wanna-be-pro's.

It wasn't a training ride. It was a training war...

"Tos"testerone would build up and a lot of the guys would take it out on the taxi's. Until, one day when a taxi settled the score, and he settled it big time.

Guys, like this chop, need to learn that letting their rage build up is not good. Unleashing it on the traffic, makes all of us look bad.

We've had to fight for years to get cycling lanes (which cost fortunes) and chops like this *#%^%*head make it look bad for all cyclists. Just one donkey like this will end up painting all of us with the same bad reputation paint brush.

Find the guy. Name him. Shame him.

"tos"testerone" - ha ha, brilliant!

Lot of aggro coming through from on this post, have we all got a little post shave rash perhaps?

No cars to kick, or to try and kill you, when you are off the beaten track.

Stick to mountain biking - your car, and / or feet, will appreciate you for it.

You are right, what gets me...if a car driver get involved with a taxi....other taxi drivers will stand by him/ assist him.....you know what the rest of us do? Drive away. Hence your friend ended in hospital

Can you think for one moment....if other drivers could stand together....you block a taxi, he jumps out and the next moment he is surrounded by 20 people? Maybe that will cause them to start thinking "i cannot do what I want to as there will be people doing something" Well I can only dream......

You see, they KNOW no-one will do anything...so they do what they want to....

Sorry in advance for not helping when you have a hero moment. I have mouths to feed and people who depend on me to be alive. You're talking about taking a stupid risk and most people are just not into proving points.

Why? You live in a township do you? You have a computer in there? You doing well for living in a township. I do know how these people live. I have been into the areas that they live in. I drop my employees off there every day.

The reason these taxis have gotten out of control is because no one did anything to stop them when they started. Then they got worse. And now... it is out of control. If they did something like they do when they don't get paid enough (riot and cause havoc)then we might not be in the situation we are in. You sir seem to be in very high morals here. Maybe you are a taxi owner? Maybe you are a taxi driver? I am sick and tired of these taxis and hell yes I get some sort of relief when I see one being taken off the road because it is finished. I do not wish for anyone to die in a vehicle (a very close relative of mine did) but it appears it is the only way to get these death traps off the road. I also blame the government because they have not made public transport their priority.

Secondly I do not have kids. Reason being I can't afford any. I like the way I live and I am not going to compromise. Therefore I have no children. It is not my culture but my choice.

There you go. The rest of your vitriol is bs & uninformed. No point in commenting further.

Sorry in advance for not helping when you have a hero moment. I have mouths to feed and people who depend on me to be alive. You're talking about taking a stupid risk and most people are just not into proving points.

There you go. The rest of your vitriol is bs & uninformed. No point in commenting further.

I am NOT asking you to help, I am saying that people should STOP moaning about cyclist "breaking the law" when they do not moan or do anything about others also doing same