New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

Burger got a bit clobbered with a beta of 0.94 and the mystery rider two minutes faster than the winning time.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please explain in English?

The PPA considers the winning time to be 2:13, not the actual time of 2:15 for seeding purposes. 2:13 is supposedly the time the top riders in SA would have achieved had they ridden. Nobody quite knows who these mystery top riders are as even when Darren Lill (SA champ) competes, the winning time is lowered.

The beta of 0.94 is relative to the Argus. This implies the Burger is 6% easier. Cape Cobra etc will get a beta of 1.2 or more.

Ai there's at least two spots where I could've ridden harder... :) Tongue in cheek - I'm happy with my seeding.

Out of interest; for MTB seeding, my 2011 Burger MTB index is 19.0 and my Road index is 18.8. The 2011 Argus is also close with MTB 29.4 and Road 30.6.

Johan - miskien moes jy nie gestop het vir daardie coke nie! G for Die Burger is probably not that bad. You were 524th so if you make a group 80 big then group G would be position 481 - 560 (e.g. group A would be 1 - 80).

Hey I got an index of 0 for the league hill climb :P

Well done... that makes you the best of the best! :clap:

I dunno there must be a few guys with negative indices

Ok ok the best of the positives then! Or wait, what is 0? A positive? Negative? Let me get back to work...

The beta of 0.94 is relative to the Argus. This implies the Burger is 6% easier. Cape Cobra etc will get a beta of 1.2 or more.

Some 2011 betas from my seeding table:

Argus 0.99

Die Burger 0.94

Klein Joostenberg 0.59 ("easiest")

Cape Cobra 1.52 ("most difficult")

Ai there's at least two spots where I could've ridden harder... :) Tongue in cheek - I'm happy with my seeding.

Out of interest; for MTB seeding, my 2011 Burger MTB index is 19.0 and my Road index is 18.8. The 2011 Argus is also close with MTB 29.4 and Road 30.6.

Johan - miskien moes jy nie gestop het vir daardie coke nie! G for Die Burger is probably not that bad. You were 524th so if you make a group 80 big then group G would be position 481 - 560 (e.g. group A would be 1 - 80).

Ek was n H, ek is nou n G...net een pad race gedoen vanaf die nuwe seisoen so dis nie sleg nie ;)

I thought I'd drop to C this month but my hillclimb kept me up :clap:

My die Burger is nowhere near to my seeding :(

But...My Die burger mtb challenge is still seeded at 0.00 with a beta of 0.87 for the 30km, system is wack.

i love reading these seeding threads, makes me feel better about my own dodgy maths skills