New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

snapback.pngMusashi, on 14 February 2012 - 10:08 , said:

Well, it seems PPA is getting it wrong again. Two MTB events in 2012 is taken into account for my road seeding, but not my MTB seeding. And for the one event, the winning time was adjusted from 2:04 to 1:22. Really, are they just not trying?

Maybe the turnout didn't have the real hardcore MTB'ers and that is why the winner's time has been adjusted so drastically..... I dunno.

Initially there was a mistake with the winning time, seems one of the 20km funriders was credited as the winner of the 45km race, they have since fixed the mistake on the results but still use the wrong winning time on the seeding calcs...

Mistake is so blatantly obvious to anyone that participated, can't believe the PPA hasn't picked it up

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't raced lately and my seeding is still the same.

No old races penalised and all that.

Of my top 3 best results, the oldest one is the Burger 2012 though.

So, they are not yet penalising the end of Spring 2011/12 results.

Dunno what the time line is for penalising old results.

Well mine is just getting worse each time i check and all my races used are fairly new

So now what happens if/when you ride with your old seeding number (higher group)

So now what happens if/when you ride with your old seeding number (higher group)

If you want to start in the higher group you have to get a re-seeding and a number with your new seeding letter on it. I think the 1st one after you join is free, and after that it's R50 for the new number. Just trying to get mine sorted for the Wellington ride so I can get an earlier start.

Hi everyone. Who has done a seeding upgrade lately. I sent an email to the PPA that I want to upgrade my number at Sunday's race the Tour de Medallion. I know there is a R50 service fee. Must that be paid upfront or do you pay at the event?

Edit: Sorry walkerr would have added to your post, but I was on the wrong page when I made my post.

Edited by MichaelD

Hi everyone. Who has done a seeding upgrade lately. I sent an email to the PPA that I want to upgrade my number at Sunday's race the Tour de Medallion. I know there is a R50 service fee. Must that be paid upfront or do you pay at the event?

Edit: Sorry walkerr would have added to your post, but I was on the wrong page when I made my post.

Just email them today that you want to upgrade on Sunday so they can bring your new number with, then you just pay R50 cash at the PPA tent on the day!

Just email them today that you want to upgrade on Sunday so they can bring your new number with, then you just pay R50 cash at the PPA tent on the day!

Have emailed them twice this week to ask for that and no reply - not sure what that's all about

I contacted PPA through their website queries. Received an email from this morning saying that they will have the number ready for me on Sunday.

E-man, thanks for the information. The email I got from PPA said nothing about the admin fee.

walkerr: it might just be a good idea to call them. I am sure you'll get a quicker response then. BTW, what is you new seeding?

I contacted PPA through their website queries. Received an email from this morning saying that they will have the number ready for me on Sunday.

E-man, thanks for the information. The email I got from PPA said nothing about the admin fee.

walkerr: it might just be a good idea to call them. I am sure you'll get a quicker response then. BTW, what is you new seeding?

Thanks Michael - they came back on my email now. Also said Sunday, but I'm only riding Sat after at Wellington. Hopefully got that sorted out though.

Looking forward to starting a few groups earlier, especially with the Bosmanskloof climb and all those rollers.

Come cycle in the Free state , you have the chance to start with the Elites, so if you can keep up you are in for a sprint to the line.

Ok so here's the senario, you get a reseed (collect your new number) and do a race or two, then ppa do another seeding and yours drops to a lower letter.....do you still ride in the higher group?

Ok so here's the senario, you get a reseed (collect your new number) and do a race or two, then ppa do another seeding and yours drops to a lower letter.....do you still ride in the higher group?

Haha - nice one.

Or are you honest and pay R50 for the privilege to start later .... let me think about that one ..... ;)

You get one new free upgrade per year, thats whats happened with me for the past 2 years.

@Udxcob, yes, I don't see why I should pay to start later, I'll keep my number until July thanks.

But others may disagree.

@Udxcob, yes, I don't see why I should pay to start later, I'll keep my number until July thanks.

But others may disagree.

Agree with you there.

• 2 weeks later...