Securing a MTB on a bakkie ( pick up)

Active Monkey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem with my fork because I upgraded my MTB with 15mm axle fork, so I can't use my Holdfast skewer support.

I wonder if they do sell special fork supporter? Where do you get?

I have a problem with my fork because I upgraded my MTB with 15mm axle fork, so I can't use my Holdfast skewer support.

Have a look on CRC they sell an adaptor that will clamp onto the Holdfast clamp and accept the 15mm axle

post-17843-0-99482600-1323674410.jpg

Fork Up

check the mounting blocks in my photo ... they use both the 9mm QR and 15mm thru axle

check the mounting blocks in my photo ... they use both the 9mm QR and 15mm thru axle

Did you have those made? How much would you sell just the blocks for?

Did you have those made? How much would you sell just the blocks for?

hi can do will cost R150 each .

• 5 weeks later...

I made my own, bought the quick release brackets and did the rest myself, very solid

post-12987-0-81104200-1323330885.jpg

Spotted you this morning in Duxbury road, Hatfield, with this setup. Looks good (as it was wizzing past me on my el cheapo Spalding bike :) )

• 4 months later...

Kinda like this: (Quicky photoshop, hehe)

Do you have a real pic of you doing this, How's the bike not falling over?

Do you have a real pic of you doing this, How's the bike not falling over?

You have 2 straps - both around the seat post and securing tight to either side of the load bed.

I prefer to bury the back wheel into one of the corners that it cannot go anywhere.

You have 2 straps - both around the seat post and securing tight to either side of the load bed.

I prefer to bury the back wheel into one of the corners that it cannot go anywhere.

Thanks will give it a try

I have one of those holdfast carriers but bought a bike with a lefty so i need to make another plan :eek:

Thanks will give it a try

I have one of those holdfast carriers but bought a bike with a lefty so i need to make another plan :eek:

I do fast speeds on the tar so I also used a strap over the top tube near the stem just to keep the nose down - as previously posted, I had my road bike 'take off' on the N2 with the front wheel lifting and the bike falling over - thankfully still staying in the bakkie.

Alternatively, you can tie the front of the bike to secure preventing the lifting at high speeds.

Yeah, the last thing I want is my new bike to moer off the bakkie :ph34r:

I have nice strong rachets (x2) which i'll try

Just do it the way we load motorbikes. Straps over the bars and pull down (can lock out forks if you wish), one on each side. If you going over very rough terrain, add one strap or elastic thingy at the back to keep it down over bumps (because a MTB is lighter than a motorbike). Easy and cheapest way

Guest TheBushpig

Yeah! My first reaction was "by hand", but thought it wiser not to post...

[HI-JACK] Hoe gaan dit met die pilates?] [HI-JACK OFF]

HI-JACK OFF. Good thing you got the hyphen in the right place on this one. :D