Securing a MTB on a bakkie ( pick up)

Active Monkey

was this a serious question?

Yeah! My first reaction was "by hand", but thought it wiser not to post...

[HI-JACK] Hoe gaan dit met die pilates?] [HI-JACK OFF]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it go over the tornique cover or under? If it's over i'll take it.

Sorry goes under. But if you have some welding skills or know someone who does, you can do this yourself. All you need is the quick release and some square tubing and screws ( no TNT, not "that" type of screw)

Sorry goes under. But if you have some welding skills or know someone who does, you can do this yourself. All you need is the quick release and some square tubing and screws ( no TNT, not "that" type of screw)

But that is what I'm looking for either a purchased quick release mechanism or a made one.

Ayn ideas on either.

Edited by DamMTBer

But that is what I'm looking for either a purchased quick release mechanism or a made one.

Ayn ideas on either.

Give me a shout on PM and I can see if we can sort you out with a quick release

I just lye my mtb down in the load bay, being a Club Cab, its long enough.

On trips when I am using the load bay for storage. the bike gets lashed on top of the tonneau cover

Where can I buy the quick release for the front? I have a 1400 Nissan trokkie and would love to do this!

Sportsmans Warehouse, or most half decent LBS, but SW will be cheaper.

Sportsmans Warehouse, or most half decent LBS, but SW will be cheaper.

Yes these qucik release are I think R70 for 2.

But how do fix the quick release to the cross bar?

Yes these qucik release are I think R70 for 2.

But how do fix the quick release to the cross bar?

8mm bolts & nuts. Two of them on either side of the square tubing. Works a charm

8mm bolts & nuts. Two of them on either side of the square tubing. Works a charm

Are we refering to those Holdfast skewers that work with Roof racks or are still refering the normal by of the shelf R70 for two skewers.

Basically I cheaper and easier way to do this

post-26167-0-63366700-1323351134.jpg

post-26167-0-72841300-1323351141.jpg

Edited by DamMTBer

What Bakkie u have, My mate got a old school bike rack and cut it down bolted it into his caddy and bikes just push in could use a bungee cord to secure the back of the bikes but they fit snugly and we often don't bother.

What Bakkie u have, My mate got a old school bike rack and cut it down bolted it into his caddy and bikes just push in could use a bungee cord to secure the back of the bikes but they fit snugly and we often don't bother.

The first picture is what I basically want to put over my tornique cover and not in the load bed.

But what i want to find out is the "T connect for the fork" what size tubing will I use...

Pity you don't drive a Vespa

No jokes boet. There is a kid in the neighbourhood who takes his two jump bikes down to the park strapped to the back of his seat. WITH his spade. :D

Are we refering to those Holdfast skewers that work with Roof racks or are still refering the normal by of the shelf R70 for two skewers.

Basically I cheaper and easier way to do this

Thanks dude! That is my design. Works perfectly. I have been "testing" mine for a few years now and no problems. No fitting or drilling or welding. Just drop it in, fit the bikes and take it out when you are finished. Stores upright out of the way when not in use and a sh!tload cheaper than any of the commercially available racks out there!! :thumbup: