The Passing of Desna Freeme

tcycles

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really saddened and know that the sorrow and emptiness that I feel is only a fraction of what the family and close friends of Desna are feeling.

To the family and friends we are sorry to hear of the loss of what must have been one great person a mother and wife and friend to many. We as the cycle family extend our heart felt sorrow and are here for you.

Let God be with you now and always.

Turbo and Nitro

Charles vir jou en die familie, wees gerus Desna is nou by Hom en veilig. Mag julle troos vind in Sy groot Genade.

Julle is in ons gebede.

Hendrik en Marietjie

I am shocked as i started to read the notice, i only met Desna and Charles once, but on the day they chatted as if we knew each other for years.

Charles and Desna started chatting with my wife and i on the grandstand before this year's Bakwena price giving started. CBirst did well on the day.

What a lovely lady i immediately thought, a lady giving her all for ladies cycling, wanting to go all the way to develop the sport amongst young children, she enthusiastically shared advises on how to get my daughter started, and she immediately offered me her cell number so i can phone whenever i needed advise. She lovingly chatted about her daughters, and was so proud, even the youngest one just starting got a lot of mentioning.

I witnessed a family who's lives revolve around cycling, friendship, caring and sharing. She talked about her dear friend Liefie Day who she cycled with, and how well Dusty Day is now riding. She had good words to say about everybody.

In the short time we chatted, Desna and her family made a huge impact, left thoughts with me I will remember her by for some time. This was a lady that within a hour or so, leaves one with lasting memories and a imagage other can only aspire to.  

Desna made sure her imagage, personality and love for the sport will live on through her daughters and those she shared time with.

You were very special Desna, your husband and children will mis you, but you will live forever in the hearts of those who were fortunate to meet you.

Rest in peace,

BIGBOY.
BIGBOY2007-12-18 02:46:58

Deepest condolences, our prayers and thaughts are with all family and friends.

Baie sterkte en genade vir julle in hierdie moeilike tyd.

My deepest condolences, prayers and thoughts are with Desna's family and friends and especially Charles and the Children.

I never met her, but this is not what a co-cyclist wants to hear and read about.

R.I.P. Desna

Love and regards to the family.  From Anita and family

Dis regtig slegte nuus!  Ons dink aan die hele familie in hierdie moeilike tyd.  Al is haar liggaam gebreek is haar siel heel.

Johannes 11:25 - Toe s? Jesus vir haar: "Ek is die opstanding en die lewe. Wie in My glo, sal lewe, al sterwe hy ook;

Baie sterkte,

Jan, Haidee en Markus.

such horrid news. R.I.P. Desna. my deepest sympathies to Charles and the rest of her family as well as to all her friends

Hi Charles

Woorde is min, trane is op, mag die Here jou en jou familie die krag en genade gee om deur hierdie moeilikke tyd te kom.

Ek bid vir julle.

sterkte