Kyalami Price Increase

Wheelsuck

Yeah it's the season to be jolly and then to be hit by the normal increases for Insuance etc and the first announcment is Kyalami...from R10 to R20 a session. :(

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got that notice too - and have just replied in disgust - and informed them I will no longer be a regular user.

Is my memory failing me or wasn't it R5 last year (and free on Wednesday's...) if so a 4-fold increase in 2 years - to cover the cost of one maybe 2 ticket collectors for an hour and a bit at a time the track otherwise sits idle... :thumbdown:

Edited by dracs

I was paying R15 just before 94.7 so R5 is fair considering they moving it to main pit area and offer this opportunity during the week..... For cycling I will pay! It's the damn insurance I cringe over regarding increases!!

I was paying R15 just before 94.7 so R5 is fair considering they moving it to main pit area and offer this opportunity during the week..... For cycling I will pay! It's the damn insurance I cringe over regarding increases!!

then you were paying R5 more than everyone else wizard!

It seems the Greek really needs all the money he can get before he loses everything...

So how many hubbers train there and get irritated when they have to wait until 6 for the race cars to get off?

I ask as do temp work for them...

then you were paying R5 more than everyone else wizard!

Oh, apologies.....

Either way, considering the opportunities to ride in a safe controlled environment after work, for me it's remains a bargain

Hahahha. Is this thread for real? R20 for open tar with no busses, taxis, idiots driving while talking on cell phones, etc. And you moan!!

Hahahahahahahaah! Unreal :)

Hahahha. Is this thread for real? R20 for open tar with no busses, taxis, idiots driving while talking on cell phones, etc. And you moan!!

Hahahahahahahaah! Unreal :)

+1

Sure the increase in % terms is quite rough - R5 to R10 to R20 in under 2 years but ultimately R20 is a small price to pay for a safe, smooth, traffic free and challenging place to ride.

Season tickets would be a great idea...

Well for me its going to get worse with the toll roads next year, traveling 35 km each way - that is going to hurt the pocket - :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

So how many hubbers train there and get irritated when they have to wait until 6 for the race cars to get off?

It is annoying, but to be fair we've never waited until 6.

I have been going there for the last year and have never got onto the track later than 5.20, also bear in mind they make a hell of a lot more from cars than 10 buck a time cyclists.

On the flipside, I have also been there on days when we got on at 4.20, so it all balances out in the end.

A 100% increase is heavy, but it's only R20, I will continue to pay that for the good safe (and hard) training that it provides.

R20 is still cheaper than entry to a MTB park #justsaying

my point exactly! but we won't stereotype and use the "R" word to classify certain types of cyclists! :rolleyes:

The last time open testing could be done with race cars at kyalami it was R7000 per hour plus VAT. I think you can consider R20 a bargain. Rather squeal about the price of milk or something.

wow! ok now I feel like a cheap skate!

Value wise - yep I agree in scheme of things and reletively speeking R20 is not unreasonable. However, its still a 4-fold cost increase in the space of 2 yrs - and the track is otherwise idle at this time and their marginal cost can be no more than about R100 a day (the cost of paying the ticket colletor for maybe 2 hrs max...). They provide no other back up / services such as you get at most bikle parks, security that sit at the main gate are there anyway when the track is closed...

I just think that anyone who feels they can double and then double again their price deserves to get some pushback - doesn't sit with me. That said if people go and no drop off in numbers happens their price is right - supply and demand.

Well clearly there have been a lot of complaints about the increase, just received a mail saying the price has been changed from R20 to R15.