[Event] RE:CM 100MILER

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: RE:CM 100MILER
When: 26 May 2012
Where: Malmesbury, Western Cape
Category: MTB

All set for the fourth RE:CM 100Miler

With just over a month to go there are still entries available for the Cape’s ultra mountain bike marathon the RE:CM 100Miler over 160km. Action takes place on Saturday 26 May in Malmesbury at the Swartland winery.

Big names like the RE:CM team riders Waylon Woolcock and Neil McDonald as well as Blend Properties' Charles Keey and Dave Morison have already entered for the event, while leading lady racer, Ischen Stopforth is a serious contender in the ladies competition. Winner of the first 100Miler Erik Kleinhans (Team Contego/28E) is also planning on racing, while

youngsters like Louis-Bresler Knipe and Adriaan Louw (both Contego/28 E) are also ready to participate.

One of the locals, who know the route pretty well, is Petrus Malherbe. According to Malherbe there is great respect amongst riders for the winner of the 100Miler. “You want to enter every year because you have a few war stories to share with other warriors after this grueling race that ends with a killer climb after more than 150km!”

This year will see the fourth edition of an event that grew from humbling beginnings in 2009 to what is now one of the must-do-events on the mountain biking calendar. Previous winners of the 100Miler are Erik Kleinhans, Jacques Rossouw and Christiaan Kriek.

Only pre-entries will accepted for both the 100Miler and 50Miler (this race over 80km starts at the halfway mark). Closing date for entries is Friday 18 May. Only the first 400 entries for the 100Miler and 200 for 50Miler will be allowed.

All finishers will receive a medal and a RE:CM long-sleeve T-shirt.

You can enter as a solo-rider in elite, sub-veterans, veterans or masters. The other option is to enter a team of four riders in open or mixed. The fourth rider over the finish line will determine the team result.

For more information or to enter phone 021 884 4547, email info@amarider.co.za or visit www.amarider.co.za.

Go to Event Page

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its that time again....2wks left. Sjoe!

Insufficient training = 50Miler for me this year. Looking forward to a great event with some Buddies.

Also doing 50-miler. 1st time for everything... No idea what to expect!

I see a downhill towards the finish, so I expect to be dead last! :whistling: Will it bother me...? I don't think so!

I see a downhill towards the finish, so I expect to be dead last! :whistling: Will it bother me...? I don't think so!

I'm definitely one of the slower guys on the downhills but after 75km I would definitely prefer a long downhill to the finishline over a long uphill!!

Also doing the 50 miler, didn't realise its only its only 2 weeks away, not as fit as I want to be (blaim the rain & general post-Argus laziness). Seriously need to do 1 or 2 long rides before the race.

Doing the 100miler, looking forward to it? No not really. Going to take it easy in a prep for the TB

Well I almost "dead last" in 2010 when I attempted the 100 (lol)....never bothered me!

Definately not a technical course at all.....just a bit of climbing (lol) before that downhill.

My first 50Miler. Only picked it because its "not too technical" and I'm going to be one upset puppy if it is. Had too many falls the last few months. Confidence is zip. Fitness is a little better, but only marginally. Oh screw it. I might have to walk the race.

We can all gang up and send the sweeper vehicle up ahead to scout the route! Naah, you "real mtb'ers" will zip past me on the downhill. No worries, I won't get in the way...

As luck would have it, I seems to have caught a bit of a schnoikop. Have to kill this thing quick! :cursing: Fortunately seems to be only in the head, so may be able to go for a trip on Sat! Plenty of pill-popping and early bed last night helped for very little. Repeat today and hope it's better tomorrow.

What downhill? The route is more gravel roads than anything else and can be done on a cyclocross bike.

100 miles of corrugated dirt road on a hardtail no thanks, i learnt my lesson last year

100 miles of corrugated dirt road on a hardtail no thanks, i learnt my lesson last year

Must agree, (lol) that stretch of "bumpy road" last year was a killer. But I'll be back with my hardtail for some more punishment.

• 2 weeks later...