[Event] RE:CM 100MILER

Dirtopia MTB Events

So AMA are giving away free pics

http://www.gallery.p...ery.php?gid=142

RE-CM 100 Miler

Images from the RE-CM 100 miler are FREE. No charge. COmpliments of AMA Rider. Search for your race number, and if you can't find it, just browse all the images as you could be in someone else's picture. (We can only name the file after one rider in a pic).

Choose the category below to narrow down your search.

To download for free login as: free@photobay.co.za the password is : amarider

Edited by Hairy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it on a Cyclo Cross last year and was moer-toe at the end, the corregation kill your upper body. CX is defnitely not faster.

I'm curious as to why you say its not faster, I thought thinner/narrower wheels would be quicker, could it possibly have just been your fitness that was lacking or inexperience on the terrain with CX, not slamming you, just asking?

My thoughts on the event.

Very chuffed to have had the opportunity to have done this, superb organisation and route - just enough attention to detail in the right areas – hospitality like you expect to find in that part of the world.

Suppose you know you are on to a good thing when there are no start groups, just a line in the grass!, it means everybody is chilled and over 160km you should be.

It was damn hard (no pretenders need apply – you will get your ass kicked) – especially if you get too enthusiastic early and you will pay for it later, but it is so long there is enough time to recover en route.

This is about as close as most of us will ever get to the Hell of the North – it has all the elements – longer than comfortable, muddy, dusty, cow crap, rolling hills, silos, backroads, enthusiastic farmers – for that matter I would finish it in Malmesbury on the rugby field.

Nice touch the free photos and a decent long sleeved shirt – doesn’t make you enter – but you do feel like they went to a lot of trouble to make you feel rewarded.

Only suggestion is that the komentaar must be Grootlem, ( think he may have been in Bloem), but it’s his neighbourhood and he would have been better, hell he would even need to pretend to brey

Thanks and well done to Meurant and the Amarider team

Edited by tubed

Found cycling glasses @ around 4-5 km into the 100 miler race on Saturday. If you think its yours, please contact me with a detailed description .....

My thoughts on the event.

Very chuffed to have had the opportunity to have done this, superb organisation and route - just enough attention to detail in the right areas – hospitality like you expect to find in that part of the world.

Suppose you know you are on to a good thing when there are no start groups, just a line in the grass!, it means everybody is chilled and over 160km you should be.

It was damn hard (no pretenders need apply – you will get your ass kicked) – especially if you get too enthusiastic early and you will pay for it later, but it is so long there is enough time to recover en route.

This is about as close as most of us will ever get to the Hell of the North – it has all the elements – longer than comfortable, muddy, dusty, cow crap, rolling hills, silos, backroads, enthusiastic farmers – for that matter I would finish it in Malmesbury on the rugby field.

Nice touch the free photos and a decent long sleeved shirt – doesn’t make you enter – but you do feel like they went to a lot of trouble to make you feel rewarded.

Only suggestion is that the komentaar must be Grootlem, ( think he may have been in Bloem), but it’s his neighbourhood and he would have been better, hell he would even need to pretend to brey

Thanks and well done to Meurant and the Amarider team

Ubie, As a spectator at the half way and end, I thoroughly enjoy the spirit of the event. Most cyclists looked good at half way - a lot looked worse for wear at the finish. Well done to each of you who finished.

Found comment on commentator a little unfair - Francois did a spendid job, as always. He encouraged, supported and kept spirits high with his quirps - and keeps the spectators involved as well. Good job francois. Well done Ubie on your finish.