[Event] RE:CM 100MILER

Dirtopia MTB Events

<p>Quite humbling doiing the 50miler and the first of the 100milers come flying past you while I am hanging on a tread to just make the finish. 

Happened to me when I did the Tulbagh marathon earlier this year, realised these guys are just from a different gene pool and destroyed any illusions I had of being a decent rider :blush:

Results will be on the Dirtopia website, probably by Monday..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If ever a race can be labelled as a dirt-roadie race this one must be it! Wouldn't want to do district roads every weekend but actually enjoyed this one!

Went quite fast the first 60km, remember passing a guy around the half-way mark who told me the difficult half was ahead of us. Geez was he right, I was knackered those last 20km, when I reached the top of that pass I thought it would be all downhill to Swartland wine cellar, hell no, just climb after climb with some quick downhills inbetween.

PS I liked the black top we got at the finish line :thumbup:

Thanks.

Thats why I race against myself. I just try to be better than the previous year.

PS I liked the black top we got at the finish line :thumbup:

He He as the saying goes . Got the T shirt

Well done peeps. Ek is eina vanaand. Lost my sense of humour with those last few 'rollers', but overall thought it was a great event. Thanks Amarider.

Well done peeps. Ek is eina vanaand. Lost my sense of humour with those last few 'rollers', but overall thought it was a great event. Thanks Amarider.

Daai laaste paar rollers het my gebreek. Of altans, dit het my finaal gebreek, geknak, opgevromel, en weggegooi. Ek moes maar vir granny uitgehaal het om die praatwerk te doen.

Daai laaste paar rollers het my gebreek. Of altans, dit het my finaal gebreek, geknak, opgevromel, en weggegooi. Ek moes maar vir granny uitgehaal het om die praatwerk te doen.

Jip .....en dit netnadat ek in die week vertel hoe ek NOOIT granny gebruik nie.

..........realised these guys are just from a different gene pool ..........

:D Yes, I know what you're talking about, I often feel the same thing, you just put it in words better than I could. I kept telling myself that "I'm closer to normal" than they are. From now on I'm going to think "at least I'm HUMAN, they're FREAKS"

Well done to all finishers. Certainly not an easy day out on the saddle. Once again really enjoyed working at this event. Looooong day :w00t:

Great ride, bad day in the saddle.

Had troubles early, was forced to stop more and longer in one 500m stretch than the water points combined. Then my HR mon lost reading, so had no idea how I was doing pace-wise. (I now suspect the strap's battery is flat, because it did the same yesterday, lost reading after a short while...) And also fell into the trap of thinking "it's all downhill" after that one longish climb. And then, to boot, I got the mother of all cramps just before the end with a bit of a moment under the bridge, tried to put my foot out... and then the cramp struck!

Will be back next year - great event. Thanks AMARider and RE:CM!

Great event indeed. Loved every minute of it. Thanks to all involved. Loved the shirts at the end what a nice idea. 8 hours 16 minutes I was happy to spend on the bike. :thumbup: