CWC Just been broken into! Smash and Grab!

CWC Online

Not really - I would be seriously pissed off if I had bought wheels from CWC for R22k and just a few weeks later they were discounted by R9k.

Erm, what? Sorry? Do you go to Game the day / week after buying a product, when it becomes evident that they have put the item on special just after you bought (taking into account that the volumes at Game are FAR more than at CWC)?

If CWC did the right thing they should be like Nintendo who refunded customers who bought the 3DS just prior to the price drop.

Again - WHAT!? Not taking volumes into account again, are you... If CWC, or any shop, for that matter, has decided that they will discount an item by X% if they haven't sold it by a certain date, regardless of whether they sold one of the same a day before, who are you, as a client, to say that they may not do that, or are to say to the person who bought it a day earlier at the non-discounted price is entitled to same said discount?

Price increases can be justified due to new stock arriving at increased landed cost - discounts knocking 40% off retail - a bit harder to justify.......

PERFECTLY easy to justify. It's called a "loss leader". Look it up. Designed to get more clients into the store and more atention on the store as a brand by discounting a high-value item to the point that their eventual profit (taking into account running costs etc) is effectively negative, in the hope that said client will purchase another item and therefore negate the loss incurred as a result of said discounted item...

It's like CWC running their specials on FB and this forum and not backing the product up with any level of sufficient stock. It should be stated on the ad's the quantities of stock that are available at that price. There is nothing like a wasted trip to the shop to look for a product that was advertised online 2 hours earlier only to be told that they are sold out.

Erm - Clearance Item? Surely it is your fault for not enquiring as to their stock level, or realising that their "clearance items" may have only one item, hence the reason they are "clearance" items?

It's nothing like that at all - CWC should have insurance to cover this. If they are underinsured it's their own fault. This is a victimless crime.

WTF?! Again? CWC is the victim here. They suffered physical damage, stock loss, as well as revenue loss from the loss of said items. CWC is NOT a victim here? WTF!

Personally I dont like CWC's practices as you don't know what is a grey import or what is backed by a local warrantee - If I want discounted product I would rather buy from CRC, Wiggle, R&A or Competitive Cyclist.

Your argument here doesn't make sense. You're PERFECTLY happy to buy an item which has not got local distributor / agent support, but will not support CWC because they bypass the official agent by buying direct / grey, giving you the same support level which you would enjoy from a normal international reseller such as CRC?

I sum up as such - BULLSH!T!

Edited by cptmayhem

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooh so they get done in the bum by an Isuzu driver.. and we should show some pity an remorse

there is a place in Tygervalley that teaches business ethics,

the rest of you sorry loosers,,,cwc says "poep" you guys poep....bluddy moegoes

Congratulations for earning yourself boggerall support and/or empathy when your house gets broken into and your laptop, computer, car & entire home entertainment system gets swiped, and you have to re-build your entrance because the crooks drove through your living room wall to get into the house.

KN0B.

Alectonwheels.

I work with people that have IQ's of less than 80. They also browse these forums. The one guy. A diesel mechanic but very keen cyclists actually spoke some very true words while refering to you. If i recall correctly he said "daai k@&$ is n volslae idioot.

Sleep well. Watch out for those big 18 wheelers that do deliveries for cwc

I some how see Alectowheels doing a name change soon.... LOL

Although, reading his avatar name, I wonder if he is just miffed because CWC gets the wheels cheaper than he can direct from distributor....and then when he did buy, a week (or month, who cares) later, CWC puts it on sale.

What is the bet he didn't call to inquire if the wheel set was going on sale anytime soon. Anyway, enough speculation.

CWC, hope you get your insurance payout to cover most, if not all, of the loss.

Well Mr CWC just imagine you are the guy that bought the carbon rims for 22k at your shop

then one week later you discount them by 9k, how would you feel.

that that happened was just one guys feelings towards how bike shops are fking the cycling community.

Sure enough, things goes on sale, but dropping a price 9k, leaves us thinking wot its real value is.

So yes Yaaaay to the isuzu driver...Di it again dude!!!!

This is a bit of an immature post. I buy things all the time and then sometime in the future those same products are on sale. Such is life.

CWC offers reasonable prices for quality parts. I have bought several items from CWC and will continue to do so and wish them nothing but future success with their operation.

At least these thieves have good taste or know what high end products are.

My feeling is that these bike are already sold and the robbers will do it again before Christmas.There was the same thing last year this time when 4 or 5 shops were hit.

Thank goodness nobody got hurt.

Some of the guys on this forum are farking wankers!!!!!

Scary part is that they have obviously been into the shop and the guys have actually seen them.

Unless they prowl around at night and do window shopping

Edited by udxcob

ooooh so they get done in the bum by an Isuzu driver.. and we should show some pity an remorse

Cycling needs more arseholes like you. I for one like to put my cleat through 22k Rims in the middle of a ride. Hope you get what you deserve.

Dude, it's called life.

Once I waited an extra week to buy a set of wheels and they went up in price by 1k.

But hey, I knew it was my mistake.

Then once I bought a set of Look Keo 2 Max pedals from CWC along with some new SiDi's.

The next week the Look Aero Blade pedal thingy (the top one) was being sold for the same price I got mine for.

But hey, I knew if I'd waited long enough for the pedals I would have found a great deal.

So, if you have enough cash to spend R22k on a wheelset, well, it doesn't matter, but hey, it was your mistake.

Maybe they had 2 of the wheelsets left, hadn't sold one in 6 months, so when you came along and bought the most expensive wheels in the shop that nobody else would dare buy, they decided to get rid of the rest of their stock quickly.

You can't be angry at them because of the timing of your purchase.

I was also in line for the Keo 2 Max, and then saw the Look Carbon Keo Blades for sale for the same price a week later, luckily I waited, got a killer bargain. But I agree, sometimes if you wait to long....price goes up...those pedals go for R1800 again now

Who the hell spends 22k on a set of wheels :o

Irrespective of the politics surrounding CWC, condoning this sort of crime is pathetic.

Lets hope those idjits get caught and get dragged around the car park at highspeed

Really upset to see this, they should do what most banks do, and also overseas, they put pavement pillars in so its impossible to get a car anywhere near the doors, at all, they spike the pavement and put solid pillars around, maybe that would help, anyway hope they catch these bastards, because its just not right.

Well Mr CWC just imagine you are the guy that bought the carbon rims for 22k at your shop

then one week later you discount them by 9k, how would you feel.

that that happened was just one guys feelings towards how bike shops are fking the cycling community.

Sure enough, things goes on sale, but dropping a price 9k, leaves us thinking wot its real value is.

So yes Yaaaay to the isuzu driver...Di it again dude!!!!

Bitterness is as bad thing. If you were prepared to pay 22k for the wheels then that was your choice. Dropping the price by 9k, that was CWC's choice. The profit they make is also their choice and will largely depend on the success of their store. Seen as they are by far the cheapest around I would say the opposite to your comment of fking the cycling world, they are actually improving the local cycling world by forcing others to either drop their prices or struggle. So maybe you should take your bitter attitude somewhere else because your is a **** one in this case!

Dude you must be seriously low on gray matter. If you knew anything about business you would know that any retailer whether they be Edgars, Sportsman's Warehouse, Solomons or freakin Janjiras Motor spares run a "large" % profit on their items. You surely know nothing about all the overheads and expenses that go into a business. Also, businesses are there to make money, not scrape by. Look at the USA, UK, Eurozone. They have close out and winter sales each year where everything is massively discounted and everyone knows it. But people still willingly buy at normal season prices because they want it now.

The fact that you are bitter about paying more than 1c more than wholesale price is your problem, not ours and I think I speak for everyone here when I say the crap attitude you show toward someone who has been robbed is below basic human principals and ethics, of which you seem to be an expert. So on behalf of all of us shut up (i hope) either say someone relating to the robbery that is helpful to the situation or simply shut up because no one like people with your attitude.

No bud. We the consumer have the right to vote with our wallet. In fact a buddy of mine walked in to Revolution cycles to buy a friend a 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR comp for 16k as per Specialized SA winter SALE. The oke at Revolution said there were none left but he could get him a Stumpjumper FSR Elite for 32k which usually sell for 35k. My friend tells the guy he is not interested in the 2012 Stumpjumper and the Revolution replies, no that is the price for a 2011. My bud is like no ways, the 2011 elite is on sale for about 25k (actually 22k) and revolution denies this fact.

After hearing about his experience @ Revolution I called Bridge cycles for a 2011 Specialized comp and was told they will let me know as soon as Specialized SA gets back to them. The next day bridge calls to let me know that there is a bike in stock and it can be here next week if I want @ sale price R15,956.00 as advertised.

Do you see the problem?

No bud. We the consumer have the right to vote with our wallet. In fact a buddy of mine walked in to Revolution cycles to buy a friend a 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR comp for 16k as per Specialized SA winter SALE. The oke at Revolution said there were none left but he could get him a Stumpjumper FSR Elite for 32k which usually sell for 35k. My friend tells the guy he is not interested in the 2012 Stumpjumper and the Revolution replies, no that is the price for a 2011. My bud is like no ways, the 2011 elite is on sale for about 25k (actually 22k) and revolution denies this fact.

After hearing about his experience @ Revolution I called Bridge cycles for a 2011 Specialized comp and was told they will let me know as soon as Specialized SA gets back to them. The next day bridge calls to let me know that there is a bike in stock and it can be here next week if I want @ sale price R15,956.00 as advertised.

Do you see the problem?

Wow, nice mate you have. To be buying another mate a 16K bike is awesome :thumbup: