Tumbling skills for mountain bikers?

Konaman

I think when crashing all thoughts go out the window and are replaced by "oh no, not again"

after which you fall on your face or other bodily part.

What i'm saying is, no matter how many "crash right" books/videos/articles you see/read, in the moment before the crash you're not going to recall what to do, unless you practice a lot and keep the protocol for crashing on your mind whenever riding, which would be counter productive taking your concentration away from the road/trail causing more crashes.

Just fall on your forearm/elbow, doesn't hurt that much to break/fracture and won't be as bad as a broken cheekbone or wrist.

I've had to bail of my bike when my brakes failed and there was only one way of doing that... and it wasn't fun.

Just fall on your forearm/elbow, doesn't hurt that much to break/fracture and won't be as bad as a broken cheekbone or wrist.

This little part I think you got very wrong.

Is it just your random guess or can you back this up with proper medical facts?

The rest I agree on.

This little part I think you got very wrong.

Is it just your random guess or can you back this up with proper medical facts?

The rest I agree on.

Okay, not medical facts...

But I fell on my elbow and fractured it in 3 places and it wasn't that bad, whereas if you fall on your hand and break your wrist i've heard it is the most painful.

And a cheekbone just isn't practical as it could splinter into your eye or cause damage to they eye socket/eye.

But I'm open to opinions on the most painful breaks...

I've had to bail of my bike when my brakes failed and there was only one way of doing that... and it wasn't fun.

Brake fail ... ohmy.gif sad.gif

Dont tense, keep body relaxed, tuck and roll.

Helps to practice on a soft surface as well, like grass and/or a foam mat. This will also help your mindset shift into an instinctive reaction for those moments when you do crash.

Edited by danger dassie

Dont tense, keep body relaxed, tuck and roll.

Helps to practice on a soft surface as well, like grass and/or a foam mat. This will also help your mindset shift into an instinctive reaction for those moments when you do crash.

And get up quickly before your mates can whip out the cameras… <_<

And get up quickly before your mates can whip out the cameras… <_<

Lindani? I thought that was for the benefit of the camera! :o

Rummages photo archives