So how much weight did you put on?

Bianchisti

Fair enough. It is just juiced veg and fruit. Personally I wouldn't be able to drink that. I enjoy food and eating too much to move over to a liquid diet.

Your dietitian should be teaching you about what a plate of food should ultimately consist of. Food is about education and knowing what to eat and when to eat it. A diet is dumb and ultimately results in a relapse. Know what makes a good plate of food for breakfast, lunch and supper and you will get to your goal weight and enjoy your life more because you wont feel restricted when eating. There is such a thing as healthy take outs and restaurant food.

LOL. Dude, flip when you say relapse you make it sound like a person packed on 20kg again. I'm talking about 3kgs :lol:

My dietician is brilliant. I know all about what to eat, and when to eat it. I know exactly how many units of bread, meat, fruits and dairy I need to eat to loose weight. The problem is I lost the plot when my wife did. We're mostly back on it now and I'm just jumpstarting it with the juicing :D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Zac.A - still at 60kg, still fit my size 28 jeans ... but somehow getting worse results than my 2011 races, dammit.

Most chics don't even have hips that small. You shop in the kids section? :P

Most chics don't even have hips that small. You shop in the kids section? :P

I'm a size 31... :unsure:

LOL. Dude, flip when you say relapse you make it sound like a person packed on 20kg again. I'm talking about 3kgs :lol:

My dietician is brilliant. I know all about what to eat, and when to eat it. I know exactly how many units of bread, meat, fruits and dairy I need to eat to loose weight. The problem is I lost the plot when my wife did. We're mostly back on it now and I'm just jumpstarting it with the juicing :D

Hmm, are you not just losing fluids.? I think so, chances are once you go back to solid food, your body will just regulate itself again and that "fluid weight" will return in less than 24 hours.

I dont really believe in detox's and strange diets Azonic so I may sound a little sceptical, no offence meant, but I just think we have a remarkable organ called a liver which cleanses your body daily better than anything we can devise and has been doing so for time immemorial.

Anyway, no problem,.......I dont know how much I put on, I couldn't care, once I return to a normal eating and training plan my body will just return to its set point of 78 kgs which has been my weight since I was 22 years old and that's 32 years ago, I cant see why it should change now.

Anyway, no problem,.......I dont know how much I put on, I couldn't care, once I return to a normal eating and training plan my body will just return to its set point of 78 kgs which has been my weight since I was 22 years old and that's 32 years ago, I cant see why it should change now.

Wow you are lucky!

But I guess you were active (as per training plan) for the last 32 years as well?

:)

Hmm, are you not just losing fluids.? I think so, chances are once you go back to solid food, your body will just regulate itself again and that "fluid weight" will return in less than 24 hours.

Doubtful? How can I be losing fluids by drinking lots of nutrient loaded fluids?

If you can, watch the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". You might change your mind. At least two other Hubbers are on this now :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3vEXy_EwU

I've lost about 8kg since the beginning of Nov, put on about a 1kg over the Xmas period. Ive also only had about 9 beers at the most in the last 2 and a half months, those being in the last week. Need to get to goal weight of 75kg, at 81kg now.

I should write a song about my super new diet, but nothing rhymes with "laxative"... :o

Oh, well my age is past my waist size, so it's only the hills I worry about now... :)

Wow you are lucky!

But I guess you were active (as per training plan) for the last 32 years as well?

:)

Yeah, I have always been active and I guess I just have a good metabolism, but even if I put on a few kg over the festive period, it disappears quickly after a few 20km training runs :D and a normal diet.

Doubtful? How can I be losing fluids by drinking lots of nutrient loaded fluids?

If you can, watch the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". You might change your mind. At least two other Hubbers are on this now :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3vEXy_EwU

I have seen it, and personally I think you can get anyone to say anything or do anything or establish a set of points to suit anything they want,...I would suggest chatting to a medical doctor about this kind of thing rather than believing stuff on the internet.

Your body is 70% odd liquid, by removing solids from your diet your body uses its fluid stores to regulate its metabolic functions, drinking a lot of fluids is not necessarily going to keep your fluid levels up, look at extreme sport athletes who do desert runs, they drink 20 litres or more of fluids a day and still lose 3 or 4 kg's over the 3 day period,......but, as I say, I believe the weight you are losing is mostly fluid weight, and will be restored quickly once your body gets solid food again.

I have seen it, and personally I think you can get anyone to say anything or do anything or establish a set of points to suit anything they want,...I would suggest chatting to a medical doctor about this kind of thing rather than believing stuff on the internet.

Your body is 70% odd liquid, by removing solids from your diet your body uses its fluid stores to regulate its metabolic functions, drinking a lot of fluids is not necessarily going to keep your fluid levels up, look at extreme sport athletes who do desert runs, they drink 20 litres or more of fluids a day and still lose 3 or 4 kg's over the 3 day period,......but, as I say, I believe the weight you are losing is mostly fluid weight, and will be restored quickly once your body gets solid food again.

Come on Grumpy, you know the story: "Never argue with an idiot..."

Who said anything about a juice only diet? I supplement my daily meals with one glass of juice. I am also choosing to eat healthier. Thats whats caused my weight loss.

I dont understand why you label Azonic an idiot for believing in something and following it. Also, are you seriously going to try and argue that juicing a huge amount af fruits and veggies is not a good thing???

I replace my lunch every day with juice.

It fills me, gives me energy. And because i am on the road a lot it keeps me out of take aways.

Green juice in particular is fantastic for detoxing your body and pumping it full of micro nutrients.

Try it.

Ag Crispy, you again. You are a newbie for all I'm concerned, so please keep your confused opinions to yourself.

GOG, I'm not a new cyclist by any stretch. I've been around the block a few times. Quite possibly I've been cycling longer than you so I know a bit about health and well being.

Unless you and I missed it, I didn't say I am JUST drinking the juice. I am replacing 1-2 meals per day with it, and still having 1-2 "proper" meals. There is allot more to that movie than just the movie alone. Only an idiot would tackle something on the advice of one documentary. There are PLENTY forums with people discussing the pro's and con's of Juicing, and I have read quite a few. Juicing is not something you do permanently, its just something you do to flush the body out once in a while. If you saw the movie you'd recall the one lady saying "I'm not going for skinny, I'm going for healthy". Losing weight is not the goal, its just something that come from replacing that Milo with an fresh apple juice.

Edited by Azonic