Interesting......

Andymann

People need to start to enjoy their riding, the races should also not be labelled as "races" anymore.

can't you pay an entry fee, race hard, and get enjoyment from that?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do. And when I want to muck about in the mountains I do that to.

I do. And when I want to muck about in the mountains I do that to.

Same here. Even when I want a nice leisurely road ride, I do that as well.

What I think people like the great and sainted dingle should rather do, is to stop trying to put us all in the same neat and tidy little box.

Lemme be me, and when it comes to how I get enjoyment on a bicycle, stay out of it, and go get your bicycle related enjoyment your own way. Stop trying to force your ways on me.

Of course you can, the problem is what do you term as racing ?

Same here. Even when I want a nice leisurely road ride, I do that as well.

What I think people like the great and sainted dingle should rather do, is to stop trying to put us all in the same neat and tidy little box.

Lemme be me, and when it comes to how I get enjoyment on a bicycle, stay out of it, and go get your bicycle related enjoyment your own way. Stop trying to force your ways on me.

What seems to be your problem ?

Are you bipolar or something ?

What seems to be your problem ?

I am tired of people telling me to conform to their idea of how to get enjoyment of a sport/pastime/hobby that I love.

The generic people, and the generic me. Get it? Please don't come beat me and stab me with your fancy Zombie Apocalypse inspired knives, ok?

Edited by TNT1

I am tired of people telling me to conform to their idea of how to get enjoyment of a sport/pastime/hobby that I love.

Nobody spoke to you directly in the first place, you are the one who took not personal (bipolar freak)

Nobody spoke to you directly in the first place,

Gee. I wish I knew how internet forums worked.

Yes in SA everyone's a pro... Everyone's car is faster, house is more expensive, has more money, has a sexier girlfriend has a bigger penis, knows better etc. Tipiese klein mannetjie sindroom...

Here's what brian lopes has to say in his book mastering mountain bike skills: http://books.google.co.za/books?id=_2wkch1SE3QC&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=brian+lopes+on+29ers&source=bl&ots=u3T4kCiQuE&sig=2hI9nFtdX2zroZKdjXE4ZekvZvo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=HdUFT-C-E4jU8QOF8IWaAQ&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Gee. I wish I knew how internet forums worked.

With a hint of consistency, which you seem to lack, if you have a personal issue, use the PM function and we can see how groot your bek really is ;)

With a hint of consistency, which you seem to lack, if you have a personal issue, use the PM function and we can see how groot your bek really is ;)

Guy, I said as much, I have no personal issue. I meant a generic/proverbial "people". It seems like every other day someone is saying how to get enjoyment on a bicycle you have to do x,y, and fockin z. All I'm saying is some of us can get enjoyment from any bicycle in a number of ways. Riding hard, racing, falling off, riding slowly, many ways.

My sincerest apologies that I quoted your post as an example of this.

Edited by TNT1

Yes in SA everyone's a pro... Everyone's car is faster, house is more expensive, has more money, has a sexier girlfriend has a bigger penis, knows better etc. Tipiese klein mannetjie sindroom...

Here's what brian lopes has to say in his book mastering mountain bike skills: http://books.google.co.za/books?id=_2wkch1SE3QC&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=brian+lopes+on+29ers&source=bl&ots=u3T4kCiQuE&sig=2hI9nFtdX2zroZKdjXE4ZekvZvo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=HdUFT-C-E4jU8QOF8IWaAQ&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Couldn't have said it better than you just have.

Small man syndrome, it's a reality, little men with big trucks.

I reckon if they take the word RACE out of most events, people will actually seat enjoying themselves.

Guy, I said as much, I have no personal issue. I meant a generic/proverbial "people". It seems like every other day someone is saying how to get enjoyment on a bicycle you have to do x,y, and fockin z. All I'm saying is some of us can get enjoyment from any bicycle in a number of ways. Riding hard, racing, falling off, riding slowly, many ways.

Please man, have some dignity and respect for people, you carry on here like a little bully way too often, that pm. function works well, now let this thread run it's course.

In Europe they cycle, in South Africa we race. Different attitude, Different priorities.

Witkop soos in blond??????

In South Africa we have great publicity to promote so called new products and to make rather mediocre cyclists believe they can race.