Site Updates: New look and feel

Matt

Whats happening with the reverse order of the threads? Newest post first option please

Where is Spell check?

Is it possible to have another option in the Active threads with a shorter time scale, like you used to be able to check active post in the last 2, 4 or 12 hours?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats happening with the reverse order of the threads? Newest post first option please

Where is Spell check?

Is it possible to have another option in the Active threads with a shorter time scale, like you used to be able to check active post in the last 2, 4 or 12 hours?

The reverse sort order option will be back in the next few days.

Spell check was never part of our built in editor, it works via your Web Browser's own spell check. Unfortunately Firefox 9.0.1 broke spell check support in the new editor we use. However, the fix seems quite straightforward:

Firefox is defaulting to using no dictionary now, it seems. Right click the editor, and under Languages select "English (US)" or whatever language is local to you.

Firefox will start spellchecking that site again... appears you need to do this for every site you visit, as I've not been able to find a global setting for it yet.

http://ipscommunity.invisionpowerser.netdna-cdn.com/uploads/monthly_01_2012/post-75662-0-06760500-1325792492.jpg

The Active period options of 1, 4 and 12 hours have been added again.

The mobile phone version still only has a "next" option with no page or last page option which sucks on threads with lots of pages.

Yeah...mellow.png

The reverse sort order option will be back in the next few days.

Spell check was never part of our built in editor, it works via your Web Browser's own spell check. Unfortunately Firefox 9.0.1 broke spell check support in the new editor we use. However, the fix seems quite straightforward:

http://ipscommunity.invisionpowerser.netdna-cdn.com/uploads/monthly_01_2012/post-75662-0-06760500-1325792492.jpg

The Active period options of 1, 4 and 12 hours have been added again.

Thanks for the replies thumbup1.gif I was about to edit my reply about the timescale in Active Topics as I had just seen it had been amended. Spell Check sorted as well now. Happy Days clap.gif

I also miss rolling over a topic title and being able to see some of the narrative of the first post. For me this is a valuable time-saver.

The hover preview feature has been removed for now. It was very convenient, but also resulted in the topics page taking a lot longer to load. We are looking to add this feature again, however need to find a way to do so without impacting the page load time too heavily.

There is still a topic preview feature available. It does require a click instead of just a hover, but gives the first and last posts.

Just hover over the topic and the preview button will appear.

topic_preview1.png

topic_preview.png

Matt,

How many views and/or comments for a thread to reach 'hot' status?

This was set at 15 replies which meant that every second thread was classed 'hot'. This was less noticeable in the old design. I've upped this to 50 replies which seems more reasonable and a better reflection of a hot topic.

might have missed it, but is the reverse order display of thread enabled yet?

G

Not yet, in the next day or two thumbup1.gif

The mobile phone version still only has a "next" option with no page or last page option which sucks on threads with lots of pages.

It will be back by tomorrow thumbup1.gif

The "bookmark" functionality has been removed. When you came out of an ad in classifieds it would take you back to however far down the page you had scrolled. Now it stays in the same position when you go back from the ad into the main section

I haven't gone through this whole thread so apologies for a duplicate question, but why since the site update do I keep getting an ad banner bouncing all over my screen telling me I've won an iPhone? I never click on anything suspicious like links in unsolicited emails and winning notifications. I can't seem to get rid of it and am not sure if it's ok to click it to get rid of it?

I haven't gone through this whole thread so apologies for a duplicate question, but why since the site update do I keep getting an ad banner bouncing all over my screen telling me I've won an iPhone? I never click on anything suspicious like links in unsolicited emails and winning notifications. I can't seem to get rid of it and am not sure if it's ok to click it to get rid of it?

Hi flymango,

This banner comes trough via an Ad Network we use to fill unsold ad space. Generally they serve up locally relevant ads for well known local companies, but occasionally these 'lemons' come through.

I have blocked most so it should not still be appearing - please let me know if you still see it.

Thanks,

Matt

• Trying to work this out, been have been getting this since yesterday huh.png

Selecting Active topics, message displays Sorry, no new content found.

Selecting Topics for last 4 , 12, 24, hour, week, 2 weeks, month and 6 months option, message displays Sorry, no new content found.

Edited by scotty

• Trying to work this out, been have been getting this since yesterday huh.png

Selecting Active topics, message displays Sorry, no new content found.

Selecting Topics for last 4 , 12, 24, hour, week, 2 weeks, month and 6 months option, message displays Sorry, no new content found.

Are you referring to the Classifieds New Content view specifically? There was a problem which has now been resolved.

Forums should be working fine though?

When I first tried to view the new look site on my work PC with IE8, there was just text with pictures. Loaded Google Chrome and all is good... :thumbup:

But, when I first viewed the site one my Blackberry, it initially looked awesome and was fast, but then the next time it was just text and pictures - no graphics or layout. Any suggestions? (other than get an iPhone/Samsung... <_< )

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature to the classifieds section.

If you are looking for something specific, you provide certain key words. When those key words feature in new adds, all the new adds are then sent via email or pm to you. This can happen once a day, maybe at 4h00 in the morning when there is not a lot of traffic on the hub. Something like this could be really useful.

Thanks Admin - the site looks great!! Just one question - when I go to "Events" at the top - it shows me the events on the first page, but when I want to go to the second page, it pops me out to the forums? (hope you understand what I mean) Thanks!