[Event] Bouckaert Soenen Funride (MTB)

duringd

MTB'n in the middle of roadie season... wont say no to that! :thumbup:

heard road race is boring anyway!?

Road is only boring to those who are used to riding in the suburbs. As soon as they get to open roads, their minds fizzle out with the wide open spaces giving you the feeling of going nowhere slowly. I ride those open roads regularly, so am used to it. :thumbup:

That and the fact that my MTB is not as great as it should be...... weighs a ton and only recently permanently borrowed it from my dad :whistling:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An extra 8km! :eek: Should have practiced a bit harder, it is going to be a loooong xtra 8kms for me on Sunday :)

Any chance of an updated route map? Or do we find out changes on the day?

Agreeing with you there, Tiny K. Road cycling in this neck of the woods is great! Just a cruise through the farms, up a mountain or whatever. Not comparible to "city cycling".

Due to issues with private land being used we don't really want to put the map "out there". On the morning the organisers will brief all involved. I will post whatever I am allowed!

Understandable, no worries. Still rideable for somebody bargaining on the existing route's lack of tech riding skill requirements, though?!

May seem like a bit of a sissy statement - but I really don't want to injure myself -again!- just as the final bit of road season is about to start... did that 2 years ago. Led to a very frustrating time.

Edit: Sorry, that may seem a bit harsh on myself (I tend to be that way). In all honesty I thought for very long before deciding to actually to the mtb instead of the road. Now I just don't want to end up frustrating myself - and those around me.

Buuuut then, if you manage to end up there even after me... :whistling:

Edited by SeaBee

That vertical line in the profile is no mistake! This climb was specially included for al those riding 29ers on a 2X10 gearing. Good luck and take along your sense of humour, you WILL need it. For those who regularly do this race, think back 4-5 years. Maybe you have blocked out that part of your mtb career.

Take care with the part on the wine farms. Those off camber turns are slippery as hell.

Wow - that is such a cool surprise! Not at all what I thought of...

For me it will mean a bit more stress, esp (I presume) going down that hill. But going in the spirit of learning and enjoying.

Ek het 'n goeie sin vir humor, maar daardie laaste "bult" was belaglik !!!!!

Ek het nie een fiets daar sien uitry nie!

As ek geweet het dit gaan so belaglik wees, sou ek eerder die medium padroete gedoen het!?

DIT was nou 'n lekker surprise. Wat gewoonlik 'n vinnige ride is, is skielik 'n afstand waarvoor mens jouself moet pace. Great!

Aan die ander kant, my arme vrou het ook ingeskryf vir die "45km". Teen die tyd dat sy in die Paarl aankom is die marshall in Hoofweg weg. Toe ek haar uiteindelik in die hande kry is sy oppad Wellington toe! Asb, verwyder eers die marshalls NADAT die sweeper voertuig verby is.

Daai 2e bult / muur op die route profile was 'n monster, het wel 1 of 2 ouens daar sien uitry, maar was onrybaar v die meeste ander en nie juis pret om uit te stap met jou fiets nie.

Res v d race was lekker, was impress met die baie waterpunte, marshalls en aanwysings was baie goed.Baie nice views daar v bo v die berg af maar was te moeg om dit rerig te waardeer.

wat a race!

firstly big thanks to organizers for a well organised race with many marshals on course bt more importantly more than enough water points!

this was needd due to the extreme heat :nuke:

had a issue with a few walkers on course who jus blatantly refuse to move over wen yelled at frm riders coming on behind :thumbdown:

other than that was a very tough bt enjoyable ride

thanks for an awesome event. well organised. my first mtb event ever.

Edited by Banesto