ARGUS SEEDING

road

ANY ESTIMATION WHAT MY ARGUS START TIME AND SEEDING BATCH WILL BE ,BEING MY 1ST ?

DID 94,7 IN 4:31 AND AMASHOVA IN 4:11 .

AT WHAT TIME DO LAST RIDERS GO OFF ?

road,

did you get some clarity, amongst all the chit-chat bits?

:whistling:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off subject, but Argus time related. i did a 3:34 on my FS 26inch Mtb with slicks last year and am wondering how much quicker I could be on a road bike? I don't own a road bike ,so if the time saving is not going to be significant, I won't try and borrow one but ride on my 29er HT.

Which start group would a 3:34 get me ?

Is BOYES DRIVE still part of Argus 2012 ?

That is a good question....... I dunno. Google, here I come. LOL

Slightly off subject, but Argus time related. i did a 3:34 on my FS 26inch Mtb with slicks last year and am wondering how much quicker I could be on a road bike? I don't own a road bike ,so if the time saving is not going to be significant, I won't try and borrow one but ride on my 29er HT.

It boils down to how strong you are - in my first year there was an MTB'r who sat in our group and rode quite well. Last I remember seeing him was around Cape Point, where I got dropped........ and then started feeling the onset of cramps. :thumbdown:

Tiny K, at this rate you will soon be eligible for the Grand Tour in June!

Thanks man :blush:

Looking at doing league for Spring (and considering a race or two this summer) but want to go in strong and not get dropped the first race. :thumbup: I have a plan for all this strength :D

As far as I know Boyes will be part of Argus 2012, and most probably for eternity. (hope not)

Reason I'm saying that is that the road is way too narrow where Boyes drive meets up with the "original" route at Kalkbay harbour. They have now changed that short section to a one way (in the direction Muizenberg), and narrowed the road quite considerable at the traffic light at Kalkbay harbour/Boyes. Don't know if it will revert back to it's original configuration once the roadworks is completed. But for now that short section is too narrow to handle the amount of Argus cyclist safely.

As far as I know Boyes will be part of Argus 2012, and most probably for eternity. (hope not)

Reason I'm saying that is that the road is way too narrow where Boyes drive meets up with the "original" route at Kalkbay harbour. They have now changed that short section to a one way (in the direction Muizenberg), and narrowed the road quite considerable at the traffic light at Kalkbay harbour/Boyes. Don't know if it will revert back to it's original configuration once the roadworks is completed. But for now that short section is too narrow to handle the amount of Argus cyclist safely.

Yip. Still Boyes :thumbdown:

route map

7% faster

ok, so lets get to some real business, if I did a 6H30 argus last year (rode with Mrs Slowbee who is did her first one), do you think they will seed me in $ ?

ok, so lets get to some real business, if I did a 6H30 argus last year (rode with Mrs Slowbee who is did her first one), do you think they will seed me in $ ?

Did you do the 99er last year or die Burger? That will probably dictate your seeding then.

Only 7% faster if I switch to a road bike, then I might as well stick with my 29er and try to get closer to 3hrs. Much easier to stick with the roadies on a 29er.

I was 30-40 mins faster coming from mtb with slicks to doing it on a road bike. From 3:40 to 3:08.

7% faster

My experience is that you will be lots better than 7% faster .... I'm usually around 15% faster on road than MTB with slicks - this is on my own in timed training rides. The difference is exaggerated in a race once you get to the quicker bunches, the problem you have on a MTB is not keeping up on the hills, but rather on the flats and downhills where the MTB runs out of gearing.

3:34 should get you round L/M group - remember that last years times were unusually fast due to the perfect conditions.

I was 30-40 mins faster coming from mtb with slicks to doing it on a road bike. From 3:40 to 3:08.

Tienie,

Other conditions also dictate that improvement.

Like 2011's weather conditions was an anomaly.

Tienie,

Other conditions also dictate that improvement.

Like 2011's weather conditions was an anomaly.

Oh Sh*t! You mean we're more likely to have the type of conditions we had in 2009 and 2010? :o