ARGUS SEEDING

road

I was 30-40 mins faster coming from mtb with slicks to doing it on a road bike. From 3:40 to 3:08.

That sounds promising. Problem is finding a road bike in decent condition nobody needs on the Sunday of the Argus.

I understand what's being said, weather conditions also determine the time. With Windguru, or similar, I can get a pretty good idea of the weather a week earlier and decide what to do.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the Olympics moto goes. Its not about winning , but participating.

Then why do they only give a gold medal to the winner :whistling:

Oh Sh*t! You mean we're more likely to have the type of conditions we had in 2009 and 2010? :o

Yip.

Train in the wind.

That sounds promising. Problem is finding a road bike in decent condition nobody needs on the Sunday of the Argus.

I understand what's being said, weather conditions also determine the time. With Windguru, or similar, I can get a pretty good idea of the weather a week earlier and decide what to do.

How tall are you? I have a Bianchi (10Kg's though) that I have upgraded from. Frame size is a 60cm. 193cm tall. It's my dad's bike that he is trying to sell but if you don't come right, and the bike fits, I am sure you can borrow it. 8 speed though.

Edit: it has done a sub 3 though so it can't be that bad :thumbup:

Edited by Tiny K

Agreed! It's all about the win. 2nd place is 1st loser :thumbup:

Wanna complain about those windy Arguses?

From cyclingnews.com:

With thermometers reaching a sweltering 40° Celsius and wind speeds getting up to almost 50km/h, Tuesday's first stage (149 km) of the 2012 Tour Down Under tested the riders to the very edge of their limits.

You will start in A, unless you have a racing license, then you can start in Elites, even if you're slow.

I don't know if you need a racing license to start Elites, but as far as I know, they must invite you to ride Elites.

You missed a sub 3 by a few min, i'd be pretty pissed of

Yep, just over a minute! Wasn't thinking about a sub-3 at all until the bottom of Suikerbossie where I saw there may be chance, and so almost blew a valve trying to make it, but alas it was not to be! I think these are the reasons we keep coming back for more :thumbup:

I need to find 8-10 minutes to do a sub3. I honestly do not know where the hell to find it, or where to ride smarter on the route ! Some "seasoned" riders must have some golden tips !

[

How tall are you? I have a Bianchi (10Kg's though) that I have upgraded from. Frame size is a 60cm. 193cm tall. It's my dad's bike that he is trying to sell but if you don't come right, and the bike fits, I am sure you can borrow it. 8 speed though.

Edit: it has done a sub 3 though so it can't be that bad :thumbup:

Thanks for the offer. I think we have met at Revolution Cycles when I gave some of my vinyl patches. I am 1,90m tall.

The first and most important thing is to take part. If no one took part, no one would win. Once you take part, ride to win. :D

Cant wait for the funride world champs. Just wanna get to the line. Hav'nt done the Argus since '95. Its just good to be back on a bike again.

Just back to the basics here, unsure how it all works. Will my Burger time effect my Argus seeding or is it based on my previous Argus result (shocking!).

Just back to the basics here, unsure how it all works. Will my Burger time effect my Argus seeding or is it based on my previous Argus result (shocking!).

Your Burger result will influence your seeding, provided you did the long ride. I am not sure whether or not your previous Argus will also be taken into account.

Your Burger will count, but previous Argus results “will have an influence” according to the orgies. I did the 94.7 to improve my Argus seeding but I don’t think it paid off. PPA seeding seems to be based on my Argus ’11 result so waiting for the seeding to come out and will decide then whether to ask questions of them!

hi ladies and gents if you enter the argus and you not a professional rider just go out there and enjoy the ride and scenery.been doing it for 17yrs now and i really enjoy just being part of the worlds biggest timing event.