ARGUS SEEDING

road

Your Burger will count, but previous Argus results “will have an influence” according to the orgies. I did the 94.7 to improve my Argus seeding but I don’t think it paid off. PPA seeding seems to be based on my Argus ’11 result so waiting for the seeding to come out and will decide then whether to ask questions of them!

You can check your national seeding in cyclelab's webiste - http://old.cyclelab.com/Seeding.asp - that is what the Cycle Tour guys use for their seeding for the Argus. My seeding is down to 12.014 with Die Burger results loaded. Got 7.354 for a 2:25 Burger :clap: :clap: :clap: Super stoked!!!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi ladies and gents if you enter the argus and you not a professional rider just go out there and enjoy the ride and scenery.been doing it for 17yrs now and i really enjoy just being part of the worlds biggest timing event.

Horses for courses. Everyone has a different reason for cycling. Some do it for fun, some are more serious.

ok, so lets get to some real business, if I did a 6H30 argus last year (rode with Mrs Slowbee who is did her first one), do you think they will seed me in $ ?

Only if YOU gave the Cycle Tour Trust some of your $$$...

:w00t:

I need to find 8-10 minutes to do a sub3. I honestly do not know where the hell to find it, or where to ride smarter on the route ! Some "seasoned" riders must have some golden tips !

Tienie,

If you start in the first few alphabet bunches and you get a top 10 position, the clock will take care of itself.

:whistling:

Edited by ' Dale

You can check your national seeding in cyclelab's webiste - http://old.cyclelab.com/Seeding.asp - that is what the Cycle Tour guys use for their seeding for the Argus. My seeding is down to 12.014 with Die Burger results loaded. Got 7.354 for a 2:25 Burger :clap: :clap: :clap: Super stoked!!!

Thanks for that. My weighted index is 39.292. My 2010 Argus race index was 41.166 and last year came down to 35.25. the 94.7 I got 41.461 so yup, it didn’t pay off.

I started in a much higher group in 94.7 that has a smaller field so that race must be more difficult but the field for the Argus is stronger. I think?? Probably won’t be starting much earlier than last year but this year’s goal is sub 3:30 regardless of the weather. If the weather is good….

Any one know about what time P will start :mellow: Down from RR ^_^

You have your seeding already? If so, :thumbdown: I don't have mine yet.

You have your seeding already? If so, :thumbdown: I don't have mine yet.

Not really just the PPA seed but its better that it was last year RR on PPA must be ealier than last year :)

did a 3h01 Argus 2011...wonder what I will get?

Ag no!, that must hurt to miss sub 3 by that amount?

37.199 but concerned i am not considered a vet! eish

i am 35.3 so when do they consider you a vet i am in the 45-49

i am 35.3 so when do they consider you a vet i am in the 45-49

Correction - i meant concerned. Just had my 30th end of last year so im in the Vets 30-34 ... just feels weird to be referred to as a Vet :whistling: