Bike Setup - ErgoFIT vs BG FIT vs Bike Shop

Caerus

So I've opted to go for a BG fit bike. Prices range from R525 - R600 for 1 bike, R800 for two and can take anything from 1.5hrs to 3hrs. Seems I can only get an appointment in two weeks. Amazing how busy they are.

Did you ever get your bike done @ Tokai? Tossing up between the BG fit and the Retul. Can't find anyone in this country that has use the Retul in CT and can only find guys who have back home... Retul is twice the price of the BG fit but looks very comprehensive.

Always done Ergo before but would like a different perspective.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arran, Richard and Struan at Cycle Fit in Northcliff... www.cyclefit.co.za

Best R550 you will ever spend on an upgrade :thumbup:

(This also reminds me I need to go get my new mtb done!)

+1 for the CycleFit guys. They did a great job, very professional and I've never felt better on my road bike.

Now just to save up for my MTB fit. Luckily Christmas is around the corner ;)

Cyclefit Rule! Had a fitting last week with Aaron. Did 50km on sunday and what a difference! Enjoyed every turn of the pedals

Did you ever get your bike done @ Tokai? Tossing up between the BG fit and the Retul. Can't find anyone in this country that has use the Retul in CT and can only find guys who have back home... Retul is twice the price of the BG fit but looks very comprehensive.

Always done Ergo before but would like a different perspective.

I'm going Thursday afternoon in Durbanville for BGFit

• 1 month later...

Had a fitting at Cyclefit yesterday, great service. Everybody greeted me by the name and Richard took the time to explain everything to me.

Would gladly recommend them!

Cyclefit before Retul...I have done both on different bikes and the Cyclefit set-up works much better for me. Still get numb hands within 10km on the Retul fit.

I'm going Thursday afternoon in Durbanville for BGFit

Hi Caerus, please let us know how the BG compares to the fit you had done in Durban. I had the same Durban fit done as you did and found it it a total waste. Let us know how it goes?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Caerus, please let us know how the BG compares to the fit you had done in Durban. I had the same Durban fit done as you did and found it it a total waste. Let us know how it goes?

The BG Fit for me was way better, the changes from the ErgoFit were fairly drastic. I am now way more comfortable, and have no niggling pains. I would recommend to go the BG Fit route.

Sorry to hear that the fit you had done was a waste of time.

Cool, thanks for your feedback.

Now to find somebody who will do the BG fit in Durban?

Perhaps try the Spez store in Waterfall?

Just got back from BG Fit @ Trail and Tar.

Was brilliant, covered everything, explained why needed to and what didn't, worked with my style of riding not just 'you must do this because of this'.

Didn't felt like I was going to be sold a new saddle for R1500 because my current one was a bit small.

Will have to see what it's like on Sunday now, breaking a few rules - New set up, new shoes, new saddles.

Was brilliant, covered everything, explained why needed to and what didn't, worked with my style of riding not just 'you must do this because of this'.

Didn't felt like I was going to be sold a new saddle for R1500 because my current one was a bit small.

Will have to see what it's like on Sunday now, breaking a few rules - New set up, new shoes, new saddles.

Nice one, enjoy :thumbup: Bear in mind it might feel a bit weird at first due to the changes. Did you buy all the above after doing the fit?

They did try sell me a Spez.

Excellent. My turn Wednesday. Definitely nothing new!

Bit worried about the sales pitch though. Not to fond of fitment done in bike shops in case I will "need this because of that" etc....

Anyway, we will see. I think I may prove to be a challenge to them.

Excellent. My turn Wednesday. Definitely nothing new!

Bit worried about the sales pitch though. Not to fond of fitment done in bike shops in case I will "need this because of that" etc....

Anyway, we will see. I think I may prove to be a challenge to them.

Please let us how it goes. I am in Durban and am also nervous of the "oh you need to change, stem, cranks, saddle, handlebars, etc......." Cheers.

Archived