Bike Setup - ErgoFIT vs BG FIT vs Bike Shop

Caerus

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the Ergo Fit done and would recommend it to anyone. It really changed alot of things for me and really help with some of the physical issues (Shoulder pain and knee pain) as well as some handeling issues I had on the bike.

OK.

My back pain persists, so there must be other factors in play. Accepted.

But R750?

HI All.

i have read through this thread a couple of times and i am still in two minds of weather to go have a fitting done and by who?

i see that this link http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO does all the measuments for you. just like the what i hav seen on the thread.

the only thing that it does not do is check the cleat alignment, do the other personal fttings go through the cleat fitting and alignment?

HI All.

i have read through this thread a couple of times and i am still in two minds of weather to go have a fitting done and by who?

i see that this link http://www.competiti...ALCULATOR_INTRO does all the measuments for you. just like the what i hav seen on the thread.

the only thing that it does not do is check the cleat alignment, do the other personal fttings go through the cleat fitting and alignment?

It doesnt check your hip alignment, it doesnt check your feet angles, doesnt check your bridge and support, doesnt accuratly measure your reach adjustment and so i can go on. Just go do the fit. These calculators are indicators and you can almost get it right using them.

But if you want to be comfortable and get the max out of your riding and pedalstroke and balance go for a fitment.

It doesnt check your hip alignment, it doesnt check your feet angles, doesnt check your bridge and support, doesnt accuratly measure your reach adjustment and so i can go on. Just go do the fit. These calculators are indicators and you can almost get it right using them.

But if you want to be comfortable and get the max out of your riding and pedalstroke and balance go for a fitment.

thanks, ill make a plan this week.

Ergofit is the basic assesment and then your measurements are given to you to take to bike shop to adjust your bike. Ergomax is the assesment and then the technician sets up your bike for you and puts you on bike doing a 7 point check to make sure all parameters are right. There is an extra comprehensive bike setup as well which can be included at extra cost where flexibilty is checked and the a spin scan analysis is done on the bike. Errol whereabouts are you? I know CL Somerset West had an Ergomax special running.

I waited for a whole month to get an appointment with Dr. Swart and had the full setup done. Havent had shoulder pain again since. Even got recomendations for future frame parameters. Money well spent.

Edited by MCipollini

I am in JHB. i have a couple of spots to go to, what about cycle lab? there are the guys in morning side as mentioned before.

I am in JHB. i have a couple of spots to go to, what about cycle lab? there are the guys in morning side as mentioned before.

Call Kirk Meyer on 082 562 5565 He uses this system check it out. http://www.retul.com/

He works from Activeworks offices http://www.activeworx.co.za . Retul is the offical bike fitting equipmet for Radio Shack and Garmin.

Kirk can do set ups on MTB Road and TT bikes.

Edited by Sean32

• 2 weeks later...

I was having such bad pain in knee after about 110km of cycling. Went to cyclelab in west lake, even though I had no appointment they made a plan and did a setup for me. Cost R250, I thought it was really well worth the money! Fixed my knee pain, so was cheaper than the R600-R800 physio bill to fix the pain!

• 11 months later...

ok so this is a really long thread, read about 3-4 pages.

Where should I go to have my road and mtb fitted in the randburg area. Not to worried if its ergo or BIG fit etc, but more in these 2 people are the best fitters in jhb etc. Along with costs pls.

I plan to get a carbon stem,seatpost, handebars and finally get some road shoes and leave the mtb ones fro MTB. And then go for a fit, else I would have to redo it

ok so this is a really long thread, read about 3-4 pages.

Where should I go to have my road and mtb fitted in the randburg area. Not to worried if its ergo or BIG fit etc, but more in these 2 people are the best fitters in jhb etc. Along with costs pls.

I plan to get a carbon stem,seatpost, handebars and finally get some road shoes and leave the mtb ones fro MTB. And then go for a fit, else I would have to redo it

I did my road and MTB with mark at BikeFit, just off Rivonia road cant recall the exact cost but made the WORLD of difference.

I did my road and MTB with mark at BikeFit, just off Rivonia road cant recall the exact cost but made the WORLD of difference.

Contact details please?

My mtb was fitted where I bought it at solomons

And the road I just started out and cycle lab gave me a confort fit which was nice to start with but I more flexible now etc now, so I think it will make a big difference

Edited by Brian Flowerday

• 2 months later...

So I now need to go for a bike setup for the road bike in Cape Town - Who to see and where to go?