Cape Cobra Accident

Blokkies

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea of how the guy on the motorbike is?

My brother came to the scene when i was in the ambulance, he said he spoke to him, him and he's partner who was on the bike with him are both ok. Don't think they were hurt.

Edited by Meezo

Watch lots of movies in between those power naps induced by good ol' painkillers, Meezo...

:thumbup:

Edited by ' Dale

Im glad to hear everyone is OK.

When i finished yesterday, i heard that 1 person was killed in the crash :eek: ....i just shows how info is spread incorrectly. A speedy recovery to the injured riders.

Just got back from Constantiaberg now for my checkup. The guy who went into motorcycle is still in ICU, they would not give me he's name or details "patient confidentiality" lets hope he heals up soon, and all surgery and procedures go smoothly.

Just got back from Constantiaberg now for my checkup. The guy who went into motorcycle is still in ICU, they would not give me he's name or details "patient confidentiality" lets hope he heals up soon, and all surgery and procedures go smoothly.

He is one of my "social" training buddy's. Only know his first name (Chris).

He is friends with udxcob, and udxcob will try and establish his condition for us.

How are you mending?

edit = typo

Edited by Wannabe

Dr. said bruises are healing up nicely ankle still abit swollen, needs to be monitored, didn't give me a date as to when i can get on my bike again hopefully soon.... :drool:

Lets hope Chris recovers soon.

+1 - did the biker come off at all?

he did but was able to walk away from the scene, couple of scratches here and there.

Dr. said bruises are healing up nicely ankle still abit swollen, needs to be monitored, didn't give me a date as to when i can get on my bike again hopefully soon.... :drool:

Lets hope Chris recovers soon.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Anybody have news regarding the rider and who he is, in D-E group, that went down on Smitswinkel 1st - think it happened before anything involved with motorbikes or such.

We started going down Smitswinkel and as i was about to pass an E-rider I asked him to hold his line (as plitely as is possible at around 65km/h). He was either badly surprised or just over-corrected his line, touched another rider's rear wheel and went down, hitting the side of the mountain soon after.

I wanted to stop and check on him, but with the whole group behind us and coming past at speed I couldn't safely do so before we were about a km down the mountain. At that stage there were quite a few other people much closer and without a cell or medical training I reckoned I could not do much, apart from really pray that it would end up not being too serious and for a speedy recovery.

Only info I could get so far is that he is still in hospital, with his arm already operated on, and no news on the extent of his other injuries.

Would like to get in contact with him or his family if any of you know his id and contact details?

Anybody have news regarding the rider and who he is, in D-E group, that went down on Smitswinkel 1st - think it happened before anything involved with motorbikes or such.

We started going down Smitswinkel and as i was about to pass an E-rider I asked him to hold his line (as plitely as is possible at around 65km/h). He was either badly surprised or just over-corrected his line, touched another rider's rear wheel and went down, hitting the side of the mountain soon after.

I wanted to stop and check on him, but with the whole group behind us and coming past at speed I couldn't safely do so before we were about a km down the mountain. At that stage there were quite a few other people much closer and without a cell or medical training I reckoned I could not do much, apart from really pray that it would end up not being too serious and for a speedy recovery.

Only info I could get so far is that he is still in hospital, with his arm already operated on, and no news on the extent of his other injuries.

Would like to get in contact with him or his family if any of you know his id and contact details?

I was the rider who went down, that's all remember you shouting for me to hold my line and that's when I went down.

Good afternoon. It was my parents in the bike accident.

My father, Willy, got 4 broken ribs and broken coller bone. Right leg full of scratches/small cuts. My mother, Jackie, has a sprained ankle. There both have many bumps and bruises.

We also tried to find out about the guy in the accident, but the hospital doesn't give out any details, as you allready now.

My father feels very bad about the accident and everyone who got hurt. He tried to avoid it, but he didn't want to use his horn or rev, he thought if he did that then the guy would get a freight and cause a accident with the cyclers next to him.

All we hope and pray for, is that everyone recovers and learns something from their experience.

These things happen in cycling, and any other sport..

At Meezo:

Don't know whether to say sorry 1st or that I'm glad you are okay (that being relative).

I hope the "Hold your line" did not come across harshly, cause I thought you're quite a decent rider/person after we worked together to get back to those 2 B-riders earlier.

PPA could not give me more info on Sun and did not want to offer(understandably) contact details for your family when I called them yesterday. They did say they would give my nr to your mother though.

I pray and believe you, and the other guys, will recover very quickly.

Edited by MildlyWild

Don't know whether to say sorry 1st or that I'm glad you are okay (that being relative).

I hope the "Hold your line" did not come across harshly, cause I thought you're quite a decent rider/person after we worked together to get back to those 2 B-riders earlier.

PPA could not give me more info on Sun and did not want to offer(understandably) contact details for your family when I called them yesterday. They did say they would give my nr to your mother though.

I pray and believe you, and the other guys, will recover very quickly.

Yeh some good work, we put in to get the group together again.....

I moved over as the guy infront of underestimated the bend and thats too when i hit him.

Fortunately no-one else went down, and i have learnt from this experience.

I'll be out there soon to race with you again :thumbup:

Edited by Meezo