Freeriders versus Lycra Clan

Wyatt Earp

I think the question should be:

If a freerider and the lycra clan walk into a bar and a fight breaks out, who will be the last man standing?

Well of course the DHer will win, they have decent shoes. They won't be skidding all over the place, walking around like a penguin

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ironically underdone response..

anyone else?

The dude who can finish a Tour with a broken collar bone.

The dude who can finish a Mt St Anne run after disclocating a shoulder.

...the list goes on...

Is a freerider one of those okes that doesn't pay his entry fee, joins in the race after a few km, goes through the finish and collects a coke and a medal anyway?

If it is roadies, they will be to scared to get blood on there whites...

Their own blood......? :devil:

Guest Omega Man

Well of course the DHer will win, they have decent shoes. They won't be skidding all over the place, walking around like a penguin

Yes and you can hold your helmet by the chin guard and use as a weapon.

Guest Omega Man

Is a freerider one of those okes that doesn't pay his entry fee, joins in the race after a few km, goes through the finish and collects a coke and a medal anyway?

No that's a loser.

I just so often read how the jumpers and freeriders make insinuations that the rest don't really know how to ride or have skill.

Riding something like Epic provides a wide range of terrain that requires a different set of skills as well as fitness.

The guys who jump on the Spruit likewise also need a different level of skill and fitness.

The dude who trains for a 24 hour also goes through a different phase during his preparation for the event, where we are talking about training weeks and days where the only option left on a ride is to vomit, but he still has another three hours of saddle time left for the day.

So in short all of them are tough guys at different levels, so why the need to constantly take a jibe at the lycra clad clan as softies without skill.

Who is tougher, Lance Armstrong for 7 tour victories or Greg Minaar for having his shoulder dislocate in the middle of a race run, popping it back in and still coming third? I crashed a few months ago and my leg went blue and purple but I still came back and hit the same jump( when I could walk again).

Freerider is the guy that does the naked lap at the 24 hour

I have done that, so now I am a freerider, wait let's make that freewilly :lol:

I have done that, so now I am a freerider, wait let's make that freewilly :lol:

nope...you're a DANGLE

I just so often read how the jumpers and freeriders make insinuations that the rest don't really know how to ride or have skill.

Riding something like Epic provides a wide range of terrain that requires a different set of skills as well as fitness.

The guys who jump on the Spruit likewise also need a different level of skill and fitness.

The dude who trains for a 24 hour also goes through a different phase during his preparation for the event, where we are talking about training weeks and days where the only option left on a ride is to vomit, but he still has another three hours of saddle time left for the day.

So in short all of them are tough guys at different levels, so why the need to constantly take a jibe at the lycra clad clan as softies without skill.

The real toughies were the folks who did DH, XC and DS all on the same weekend with the same bike years back. Just don't make 'em like they used to...

The dude who can finish a Tour with a broken collar bone.

The dude who can finish a Mt St Anne run after disclocating a shoulder.

...the list goes on...

wait, is this thread serious? Here i'm thinking it's all about some craps & giggles..especially after the row d got pulled in...;)

wait, is this thread serious? Here i'm thinking it's all about some craps & giggles..especially after the row d got pulled in... ;)

We're still going to bring in the kids in the cheap seats too...