Freeriders versus Lycra Clan

Wyatt Earp

Well, I am the toughest! And NOBODY can pigeonhole me because I took precautions!

Last year I did a dual slalom race, an all mountain race, a cross country/marathon race, a road race and a 3-day stage race. O yes, I ride a road bike, a mountain bike and a tandem and I sometimes commute. I wear lycra and baggies with equal ease. I have a skate lid, a mtb and a road helmet. I only need to do unicycle, track and fixie also this year......

Oh ****, now that I think about it, I'll have to do a BMX race and some dirt jumping, eina!.....

Edited by DJR

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am the toughest! And NOBODY can pigeonhole me because I took precautions!

Last year I did a dual slalom race, an all mountain race, a cross country/marathon race, a road race and a 3-day stage race. O yes, I ride a road bike, a mountain bike and a tandem and I sometimes commute. I wear lycra and baggies with equal ease. I have a skate lid, a mtb and a road helmet. I only need to do unicycle, track and fixie also this year......

Oh ****, now that I think about it, I'll have to do a BMX race and some dirt jumping, eina!.....

Only one thing missing, you need kids.

If you have those, another supplementary hobby.

The answer is easy, of course the freerider/DHer is tougher. Hands down. I'd like to see a lycra clad XC'er take on a road gap jump, or a 10 foot drop off.

I'll take a road gap jump any day, or a ten foot drop off if that is what defines tough.

No guarantees that I'll be able to pull off the landing and I'll probably leave the scene in an ambulance. (Tough is suddenly sounding like a mental illness)

Some of the toughest rides I've ever done have been from stop sign to stop sign. Against mates. In lycra. On a road bike. The taste of vomit in the back of your mouth is worth it for a week's worth of bragging rights!

Well, I'd like World peace and a stamp with my face on it. Only the second part has come true thus far.

Yes, I'm a roadie.

Uh uh now your lying, pointless discussing / argueing anything with liars.

Like troempie said to boesman the brak

Voetsek!

Edited by SwissVan

This thread is like the ANC leadership.

In the fight between Road vs MTB, all MTB disciplines stand together against roadies.

...but within themselves they fight about which is the hardest.

aaahh, but who is the Juju of cycling then....?!

The lycra clan might lose (if they are roadies) as the will start fighting with each other about who is fitter, faster, and dont forget heart rate :clap:

Don't forget the power meter readings :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Omega Man

aaahh, but who is the Juju of cycling then....?!

That's easy. Enrico Rossi.

Don't forget the power meter readings :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ja ,but if they punch and kick at a high cadence ,I foresee some problems for the rest.

This thread is like the ANC leadership.

In the fight between Road vs MTB, all MTB disciplines stand together against roadies.

...but within themselves they fight about which is the hardest.

There is nothing wrong with Lycra...... as long as it is not white! :whistling:

Does tasting your own puke make you tough then? What about picking the gravel out of your knees and elbows? Or strapping your own broken wrist cos you don't have medical aid and government hospitals are, well... I guess we are all tough in our own way.

Should I write more?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tour+de+France+2009+Stage+Sixteen+cFyQpgQNoBNl.jpg

Jensie, TdF 2009, Stage 16, THAT hi-speed crash...

He ain't crying he just still had a piece of fence in his eye! This aggrevaited his optic nerve and caused his eyes to water! Unfortunately, this happened right as he walked on stage...

Does tasting your own puke make you tough then? What about picking the gravel out of your knees and elbows? Or strapping your own broken wrist cos you don't have medical aid and government hospitals are, well... I guess we are all tough in our own way.

Was covering some stuff in Alex earlier. Was speaking to a dude, he pedals one of those ice cream carts and puts money aside for his studies.

This oke rides this thing everywhere, through rain, sun, winter etc ... He also works another job at a factory in Germiston, rides there and back all the time.

So yeah, we're all 'tough' in our own way but I reckon this chap would **** us all up!

Something to keep in mind when we're all riding for fun and thinking up crap about what other folk wear.

I'll take a road gap jump any day, or a ten foot drop off if that is what defines tough.

No guarantees that I'll be able to pull off the landing and I'll probably leave the scene in an ambulance. (Tough is suddenly sounding like a mental illness)

Some of the toughest rides I've ever done have been from stop sign to stop sign. Against mates. In lycra. On a road bike. The taste of vomit in the back of your mouth is worth it for a week's worth of bragging rights!

this entire thread gets my vote for lamest thread of the year, and the OP gets my vote for biggest troll.