Exclusive Youtube Review - Ritchey P29'er.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing.

Of course you will say that being the chicky riding the bike in the vid :D

Edited by Dangle

Nice work, Carpet and Dangle! Loved the vid!

Thanks Tumbles.

@King Crispy, that piece of track at 1:06 is right next to the river on the west side of the farm.

Well done Dangle, professionally done I may add, very similar to the way you run your shop.

The Richey looks even better in the flesh and I love the blue, red and white.

Dangle .. if you do a part 2, could you also get a couple of really close shots of the frame please?

Dangle .. if you do a part 2, could you also get a couple of really close shots of the frame please?

Hi Hairy, and PawPaw

I reckon a part 2 could go well and more reviews would be great, problem is my mate who did all the editing and filming is a busy fella.

Hi Hairy, and PawPaw

I reckon a part 2 could go well and more reviews would be great, problem is my mate who did all the editing and filming is a busy fella.

Hi Dangle ... your mate must not make his problems your problems :)

The vid was a good watch. Should you make another for another bike it would be great to pic up on the feeling of the experience by seeing the frame un boxed and built up. Even if this is done in a staggered frame / fast reel and then seeing the final product. Kind of getting the viewer to buy into the build.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Dangle ... your mate must not make his problems your problems :)

The vid was a good watch. Should you make another for another bike it would be great to pic up on the feeling of the experience by seeing the frame un boxed and built up. Even if this is done in a staggered frame / fast reel and then seeing the final product. Kind of getting the viewer to buy into the build.

Keep up the good work.

LOL, I will tell him that.

He is a film maker and this was a pet project of his.

Great video. I get the whole minimalist idea - rigid fork, ss, steel (is it?) et al, but I cannot imagine thumping this bike down a rocky descent or off some drops and jumps. A bike for a person with several in his/her garage perhaps?

Great video. I get the whole minimalist idea - rigid fork, ss, steel (is it?) et al, but I cannot imagine thumping this bike down a rocky descent or off some drops and jumps. A bike for a person with several in his/her garage perhaps?

How do I answer this :)

If I may play a bit of devils advocate in my own thread.

Nothing personal against your post Headshot, it's a very fair question.

I often read words like" thumping " "hammering" "tearing and ripping up" and the list goes on.

Now the interesting thing, the most used argument is that "I can't climb, so I am an absolute downhill demon with no fear"

Often I ride with these guys and to my amusement and amazement they don't have the ability to climb or decent.

Now this begs the question, what my definition of speed and technical is, might not be the same as the next guy, or am I wrong ?

Regarding this bike, it is steel with a carbon fork, that same fork has been with me for two years now and even did Attakwas with me last year (after a bunch of guys were rolling on the ground laughing in the parking lot after they saw the bike)

Now my idea of drop off's and technical terrain where I can "tear it up" will require the need for a Stumjumper FSR.

For jumps I would need a jump bike and balls of steel like Patches and the rest (this I don't have)

This brings me to the final conclusion, any marathon we have in this country is doable on this bike, I ride mainly for fitness, exploration and pleasure, this is exactly what got me in to mountain biking in the late 80's.

Now we never had a choice of bikes as are available to us today, we were riding Diamond Back's with rigid forks and later Kona's with P2 forks.

This is how I started to ride and now 20 odd years later I have made full circle back to where I initially derived pleasure from this sport.

Will post pics of my original Kona steel frame later today ;)

Sadly I don't have the fork any more.