Cyclists attacked in Centurion!

neildp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is very sad indeed! i hope they are ok and speedy recovery for the guy with the serious injuries. i rode in that area for quite some time until one day i had an encounter, luckily i got away, but today i still have some emotional scars. its just sad that we say away from the tar roads to safe from pigs in their cars but now we see the scum on the dirt road as well.

Thanks for the update Jagwil.

People please stay away from the Mooiplaas, Vlakplaas, Gerardsville, Erasmia, Diepsloot area. This includes the rubbish dump, chicken farm and Mnandi areas. It is not safe to cycle there anymore, not even in large groups.

Yip I gave not been cycling their for sometime now also had a close getaway their once. I take it that this is Piere and his son David from the old DAD's cycling who now arrange the XC's at Fountains?

Will keep them in my prayers hope he recovers fine

@BigGuy: I live in Centurion. Where the hell is it safe to ride?

Mountain biking.....basically almost nowhere except Groenkloof, Klapperkop, Fountains and the Monument unless you go out to PTA east but don't know for how long more

The road is where it is safe but you need to look out for cars

FFS this is bad, close to where I stay (Rooihuiskraal North, Wierda Glen Est), we normally ride through Raslouw, past Heuweloord/Sundeland Ridge as last part of our route, now what?

Not even large groups would help. Considered joining the Cent Cycling club for safety but would it work?

And lately the trails at Groenies and to lesser extent voortrekker are booming on saturdays

@Sharkie; Which roads?

I used to roadbike - also in that area, but if there are skelms around - surely the road in that area could also be under attack?

Not good.

What the hell is the story there in GP !?

Not only Cowteng. I've seen posts of Cpt @Tankman and PE and Bloem...

@BigGuy: I live in Centurion. Where the hell is it safe to ride?

The western side of Centurion is not safe anymore, especially early in the morning. These okes are increasingly plakking from Attridgeville to Diepsloot to Lanseria to Lion Park.

As @Sharkie2 said, stick to a bike park. Better safe than sorry.

Otherwise jump in the car and drive to Breedts, but that takes recources such as time and money. Good training then though, wish I could afford to go there every day.

OK so I phoned Epic Sports just now. They are now located in the Dros Centre in Jean Avenue Centurion. They have outrides every Saturday morning from 06:30, and split into various groups (distance & Speed) Jaco at the shop said anyone can join and yuo dont have to be a member. So that's what I'll be doing this Saturday, its close to home from where I stay (6km or so) so maybe even ride there and back for maore training. Will be taking my training partner with me

@Sharkie; Which roads?

I used to roadbike - also in that area, but if there are skelms around - surely the road in that area could also be under attack?

Any roads around PTA not the ones around the Gerhardsville area there are anycase no shoulders there