Your 2012 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour start time

Heckflosse

ok, tiny, bets are on - 35km/h up suikerbossie? let's see it - i'm also starting in a.

For 35km/h I think you would need Chris Hoy's legs stitched to Marco Pantani's torso circa 1997.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiny K - What do you A group guys do up Chappies/Suikerbossie?

Quick look has chappies at 9min

Avg Pwr: 302

Avg HR 174

Avg speed 28.6

Suikerbossie 05:30

Avg Pwr: 349

Avg HR 183

Avg speed: 21.5

All depends where you start your measurement though.

Avg HR 174

Avg speed 28.6

Avg HR 183

I'm scared just thinking about those numbers. Not the HR, I'll hit that easily - but I won't be going near that fast when I do :(

Edited by walkerr

Avg HR 174

Avg speed 28.6

Avg HR 183

That looks about right for VA. Suikerbossie has a line at the bottom and the top. Looks like you have measured Chappies same as I do - from where little Chappies first kicks up to the viewing point.

ok, tiny, bets are on - 35km/h up suikerbossie? let's see it - i'm also starting in a.

Tiny K - What do you A group guys do up Chappies/Suikerbossie?

Sub 5 minutes, 23km/h average more or less. The front of $ goes up a bit faster than that.

@Hearts - I started in E last year.

LOL - I went up there at about 18Km/h last year - started at 2:27:30 (91.09Km) and crested at 2:34:00 (93.08Km) = 18.5Km/h ave.

See you in the bunch Mr Nuge :thumbup: Thought you would have made SV.

Wonder if I applied for a racing licence, if it would help to start in Elites..... NAH! Lemmie chill with the boytjies in A. A for Awesome!

I'm scared just thinking about those numbers. Not the HR, I'll hit that easily - but I won't be going near that fast when I do :(

LOL !

See you in the bunch Mr Nuge :thumbup: Thought you would have made SV.

what, and leave you to take all the glory in a? osh don't think so

what, and leave you to take all the glory in a? osh don't think so

LOL! Dude, I seriously want a podium this summer! Got robbed (and was stupid) this last weekend. Doing league (read Elites) next spring and I know it's moer of a tough there so no chance of a podium early on.

Maybe here is my chance :ph34r:

oh, and a quick look at chappies has me at puke, puke, wheez, wheez, what are these birds flying around my head for? and suikerbossie is more: puke, puke, puke, triple wheez and why are the birds flying around my head talking to me, is that a starfish?

why do we do this to ourselves again?

@Tiny, as far as I am aware racing licences are not taken into account for Argus. They use the top seeded people in each category and work backwards! So applying for a racing licence will make no difference.

VB 06:24

Avg HR 174

Avg speed 28.6

Avg HR 183

you weren't trying on chappies!! :D :o

I remember hitting the bottom of suikerbossie at 35 km/h with VA in 2009 and thinking how similar it was to scrum machine training.

For 35km/h I think you would need Chris Hoy's legs stitched to Marco Pantani's torso circa 1997.

so keith richards' legs (circa um, yesterday) stitched to meatloaf's body (circa, um, say monday) are no good?

Edited by the (other) Nuge

so keith richards' legs (circa um, yesterday) stiched to meatloaf's body (circa, um, say monday) are no good?

Maybe Keith could help you with the supplements. Not sure what use you'd have for meatloaf.

@Hearts - I started in E last year. LOL - I went up there at about 18Km/h last year - started at 2:27:30 (91.09Km) and crested at 2:34:00 (93.08Km) = 18.5Km/h ave. See you in the bunch Mr Nuge :thumbup: Thought you would have made SV. Wonder if I applied for a racing licence, if it would help to start in Elites..... NAH! Lemmie chill with the boytjies in A. A for Awesome!

Started C last year. We caught B leaders in Glencairn. Winner of C did approx 2:51. Held onto leaders up Chappies (Just), but lost two min from base of Suikerbossie home. Finished in 2:53:56.

26.5 km/h average for Chappies from kilometer 78.7 to 83 and 18.5 up Suikerbossie.

Seeded VB this year

you weren't trying on chappies!! :D :o

Back in 2007 I tried once......not good enough though.... :blush:

Time: 08:15

Avg Speed 31.4

Avg HR 170