Of these 3- which rims for 29er?

Neg

For that kind of money I would get a set from Ruan Deyzel - Spokeworks - had my set now for two years and still running true- never needed to take them in to true and no maintanance - Running on Hope hubs. I am not the lightest of riders and ride quite hard. They are also very light.

Stay away from the AM wheels especially the way you intend to ride. My sister at a hefty weight of 53kg has dented her rear rim twice in 3 months (and not from rocks hitting them as there is not a scratch) and she runs the tires at 2 bar.They are very well known for their very soft rims.

Personally I believe the ZTR arch/Hope hubs setup are pretty reliable.

5cents worth :-)

Sho, that is a lekker budget...for that money you want the proverbial "groot p**l vir sannie" so if it was my cash:

Custom built all the way. Chris King with ZTR Arch...DT spokes with brass nipples and please don't colour code the hubs to match your blue or red XO shifters or brakes...silver or black will do just fine :)

ZTR Arch Rims, DT Swiss 240s hubs and DT Swiss Spokes not sure if its there competition or revolution spokes under R7k

I have changed from ZTR's to Mavic Crossmax and it is rather a diffrent ride, the wheelset is stiffer. But then I'm not your conventional maergat on bicycle.....

I have had all three sets... American classic rims to soft for a heavier guy. Mavics are tough as nails and the rim and spokes you cant fault for strength although they are slightly heavier, but the hub freebody does give problems. Fulcrum are pretty much between these two.

I must agree with most on here that building wheels is much better. Hope hubs, DT swiss spokes and ZTR rims are my current and they are better that the other 3 sets.

Sho, that is a lekker budget...for that money you want the proverbial "groot p**l vir sannie" so if it was my cash:

Custom built all the way. Chris King with ZTR Arch...DT spokes with brass nipples and please don't colour code the hubs to match your blue or red XO shifters or brakes...silver or black will do just fine :)

They come in blue??

They come in blue??

Yes, they are quite popular with the giant fraternity...the little pad contact barrel is blue. Red seems to be the most popular though.

For that kind of cash, don't stuff around with a factory set. Build some wheels and never look back!!!

Hope hubs

Mavic / Stans rims

DT Swiss spokes

Happy rider....

Which one of these wheel sets would be the lights and strongest rims for a 29er? im 6'1" and 110kg. ride rough trails hard and do the odd drop off of about 2-3foot..

i have about R6000-7500 for a wheel set. im not that keen on getting rims and having wheels built. would like to get a wheel set.

these are what ive come up with

Mavic Crossmax 29er?

American Classic- Which ones?

Fullcrum Red which ones?

Mavic Crossmax hands down.

Not on your list but as good is the Easton EA90