Basso to Barloworld???

Cruxpearl

Colonel, sorry not on the same page as you, but you can't really compare this to doping in cycling. Even if they dope they havent worked out the outcome before they set off (or am I wrong here as well?). Also I hardley follow the world of cricket so please advise me, was Gibbs found guilty yet?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colonel

Oiltrash: No stress,  Well I cant help you on the cricket thing as you can clearly see in my post that I know f**kall with my 1 post being 3 different things with Gibbs but at the end of th eday all sportpeople are dirty by the looks of things!

[quote=butafly

Gibbs was bust for smoking in West Indies but is wanted in Ind/Paki for match fixing. remember Hansie said he must lose his wicket on 25 runs but he was batting so well he forgot about it. dumb c**t. 

Am I the Dumb c**t??

no , Gibbs is the dumb bell. he admitted to the King commission under oath that he agrred to throw his wicket on 25 runs, he threw his bat at everything and was past 25 before he knew it. Hansie also got one of the bowlers (Henry Williams)(i think) to agree to bowl up to sh*t. They both would have got R10K each.

My personal opinion is that all those okes dope, so it does not effect the outcome too much BUT if we start to accept that - what example do we set for our kids? We can't really say it's fine as long as they were over 18! If we tolerate it I believe that younger and younger cyclist's are going to dope. This we cannot have..!

Same problem I have with weed... hardly a problem compared to alcohol but if we legalise it, it will be even more accessible to children (not that it's difficult to organise now) 

from Cyclingnews.com

Basso to return with Barloworld?

By Gregor Brown

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/features/basso_back/S-BASSO_18tn.jpg

Ivan Basso' date=' who rose to the top of cycling with his win in the 2006 Giro d'Italia but then was banned from racing for his involvement in Operaci?n Puerto, has been linked with Barloworld. The 30 year-old rider from Varese is eligible to race after his suspension ends on October 24, 2008.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Barloworld Team Manager Claudio Corti has been interested in Basso since before he signed with Discovery Channel at the end of 2006. There is a reportedly a verbal contract between the two, and Basso's return to racing could happen in the in the Japan Cup, October 26, 2008. The team would also have interest in Basso racing certain end-of-season races in South Africa, where the sponsor has its base.

Barloworld is also at an advantage since it is Professional Continental, which is a second tier team that is one level below ProTour. Basso is prohibited by Ethical Codes from signing for the top tier teams for four years.

Basso may also be linked with 'The Killer' for 2009 according the Italian sports newspaper. 2007 Giro d'Italia winner Danilo Di Luca is said to be interested in racing alongside the suspended rider. Di Luca, who is currently serving a three month suspension for involvement in the 'Oil for Drugs' scandal ? signed with Team LPR for 2008. He recently joined Basso for a charity event on December 8 in Varese where the two were able to talk at length.

The rider, known as 'Birillo' in the documents related Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes in Madrid, had denied any involvement in Operaci?n Puerto before finally confessing that he had banked his blood with intent to infuse it for performance enhancement. Fuentes' offices were searched in May 2006, revealing around 100 blood bags, some of which belonged to Basso.

[/quote']

ConfusedConfusedWith talk like this going on . Watch the French now exclude them from the tour. They sensitive buggers when it comes to signing ex dopers .

Look at all the sh*t Discovery had after signing him.

Seems Barloworld want to make one mistake after another!Confused 

Changing bike sponsors every year , hardley keeping all the riders every year .

For me , its a sign of a disorganised squad.Confused

Guest colonel

Or maybe people dont like whats going on within the team and management thats why they dont stay??

I am surprised that a good corporate citizen like Barloworld would sign a doper to their squad.  But then given the risk of bad publicity around sponsoring pro cycling and drugs it is amazing that they sponsor cycling at all. 

Looks like the Italian element in the team is running strong again.  I wonder if it is one team or one group of Italians vs. The Anglo-Africans?!  The team seems to struggle with its identity

Guest colonel

A Italian team with a Brittish licence and a South African Sponsor and 3 SA riders in the squad. Hardly South African.

An Italian team with a Brittish licence and a South African Sponsor and 3 SA riders in the squad. Hardly South African.

Amen bro...LOL

The article states that he has been linked with a VERBAL agreement, in no way does it describe how he has been SIGNED by Barloworld.

I think it would be a complete disaster for the team, the cheaters should not be allowed back into the sport. every rider from the last 7 years with the exception of Lance has been implicated in a drugs affair that finished on the podium in the tour. Send the message out clear and sweet

1. if your going to cheat,you'l get caught, we dont want to watch you race

2. if you do cheat and get caught, we dont want to watch you race again

3. if you show up and expect respect, then find another sport

4. if you mislead the public with your preformances you have no business on our TV screens again, on resuts sheets or newspaper articles.

5. cheats should be made wear a jersey different colour to their teammates which denotes their past infringements                   

Mountainclimber, I'm shocked by your petulance and ignorance.

You should denounce the cheats.... there is no room left in the sport for cheats the last ten years have proved that the public as I see it see no merit in the clean riders attempts to race clean when you openly say it will increase the teams popularity.wake up man.

My god do you honestly believe that cheating is ok?

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT ROBBIE HUNTER would have won a stage in the tour if things stayed the same?

Wake up to reality, if you were a rider who was about to raced clean and got beaten by a rider doping and took your glory from you how would you feel?

How will our sport ever change when your remarks are as thoughtless as this?