Radio dj complaining about cyclists

Cippo

That help, my friend, is blowing in the Darwinian wind.

How wrong you are! If you just teach your children right, the world will be a better place.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a daughter. I took her for her first ride up Chapmans Peak on Sunday. Good thing I was there to ride behind her because some of the idiots who drove past us saw fit leave less than 6 inches between us and their cars. Obviously we were riding single file.

So far no-one has brought it up on the radio.

oh don't you worry i'll phone the radio station!! I'll phone and tell them that LL, the very same LL who finished 2nd SV in the rollercoaster no less, sucked his daughters wheel all the way up Chappies not once taking a turn on the front.

Scandalous behaviour! :P

Edited by touristvisa

So you saying when you come across a bunch of twats taking up an entire lane it doesn't bother you?

It makes no difference whether the driver is in a rush or not, cyclists are NOT supposed to ride 3,4,5 abreast.

And to have them waving the middle finger really pisses me off too (They're in the wrong and they still have the audacity to insult). Have you got kids? You need to teach them that there are no degrees of wrong; wrong is wrong, not maybe incorrect.

People will. If not about cyclist the it will be about motorcycle riders. They will find something. You will never please the grumpy selfish motorist. If it was up the them there would be no motorces, trucks, mini busses, old people, cyclist, pedestrians etc on the roads.

The problem is not the cyclist and it is not the driver,

it is the egocentric - immature - emotionally challenged individual.

So lets find some way to help these people.

That help, my friend, is blowing in the Darwinian wind.

How wrong you are! If you just teach your children right, the world will be a better place.

Grumpy much?

Nope. I am right. You missed my point. Although I agree with your point entirely (even if out of context with my comment.)

We are not talking 6 year old kids here, we are talking about 'adults'. The "too late she cried" crowd.

Those who, if they have children (sadly) will teach their kids the same 'right' to entitlement.

Hopefully, before they do, the Darwinian Wind will play its part.

Edited by The Drongo

Nope. I am right. You missed my point. Although I agree with your point entirely (even if out of context with my comment.)

Nah, I got it. Just read more into than you actually wrote, al a keyboard-banger.

Cyclists are jerks.

Motorists are wankers.

Runners are arseholes.

Wheelchair athletes are tossers.

Drunk vagrants are nubbins.

Motorcyclists are idiots.

Truck drivers are muppits.

Hubbers are all twats.

The sun rises in the east.

Ironically, when a radio DJ whines about cyclists on the road, it helps cyclists as motorists are now more aware of 'em...

Eish, but this she is an old topic. I view it in a more basic way. In SA their is a limited regard for rules and laws, pretty much from the top down. Therefore when riding or driving one should think survival rather than right or wrong. Riding 4 or 5 a breast (I like that phrase; just not applied to cycling) and showing dissenting car, bus and lorry drivers the finger is like a monkey teasing a lion or crocodile. One day something will go wrong and Mr Monkey (or one of his maatjies) will ***. The law and rules are of largely theoretical importance to Mr Monkeys mourning relatives.

It's a great pity, but that's the way it is.

I sympathise with Lucky Luke; I took my daughter from the beach front in Durbs to Umhlanga Rocks and back; hugely stressful little ride - never again; to the MTB we went.

Cyclists are jerks.

Motorists are wankers.

Runners are arseholes.

Wheelchair athletes are tossers.

Drunk vagrants are nubbins.

Motorcyclists are idiots.

Truck drivers are muppits.

Hubbers are all twats.

The sun rises in the east.

My favourite hunting ground for drunk vagrants is the bottom of Boyes Drive opposite the beach at Kalk Bay Harbour.Sponsored by Blue Bottle Bottle Store and boy they have right of way

Barry,wait until you meet Saffers overseas esp Asia and South East Asia.I try and avoid them the behaviour is so bad.No manners.Generalisation but boy have I seen it.

Mate, we see it on this forum too. Not only do they think they are entitled to their opinions, but they believe that you are entitled to their opinions too. They bang their heads bloody on their keyboards because you don't agree with them. Do those riders who ride three abreast consider themselves cyclists? No. They are accountants, doctors, engineers, mechanics, etc, who happen to ride bikes. I'm not a cyclist. I'm a beer-loving, sushi-eating purveyor or human tragedy who happens to ride bikes.

Que? Does this mean that ex pat saffas are different worse than you lot?

No no..........touristy asshole attitude type saffas

Well, speaking for myself, yes. I am an expat British citizen and Irish subject, who has South African citizenship. Don't if that is worse as opposed to different.

Eish, but this she is an old topic. I view it in a more basic way. In SA their is a limited regard for rules and laws, pretty much from the top down. Therefore when riding or driving one should think survival rather than right or wrong. Riding 4 or 5 a breast (I like that phrase; just not applied to cycling) and showing dissenting car, bus and lorry drivers the finger is like a monkey teasing a lion or crocodile. One day something will go wrong and Mr Monkey (or one of his maatjies) will ***. The law and rules are of largely theoretical importance to Mr Monkeys mourning relatives.

It's a great pity, but that's the way it is.

I sympathise with Lucky Luke; I took my daughter from the beach front in Durbs to Umhlanga Rocks and back; hugely stressful little ride - never again; to the MTB we went.

+several million

It's like I've always said "better to be wronged and alive than right and dead".

In a car/bicycle accident my money will always be on the car. Steel is real and the flesh is really weak.

Nah, I got it. Just read more into than you actually wrote, al a keyboard-banger.

Right. Got carried away in red fog then??

No reference at all to a la keyboard banger. We separated a while back...actually, truth be told, he got lost. Never seen again...

Well, speaking for myself, yes. I am an expat British citizen and Irish subject, who has South African citizenship. Don't if that is worse as opposed to different.

Defintly different....

:clap: