Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was as intentional as the "high tackle" the Bulls player got sent off for in the 2nd half.

He got pushed backward and accidentaly stepped on the player.

Same as the high tackle, the WP player "dropped" in the tackle. The Bulls player's arms was around his chest at first, and then went around the neck as the Wp player dropped in the tackle. NO MALICE!!

That was as intentional as the "high tackle" the Bulls player got sent off for in the 2nd half.

He got pushed backward and accidentaly stepped on the player.

Same as the high tackle, the WP player "dropped" in the tackle. The Bulls player's arms was around his chest at first, and then went around the neck as the Wp player dropped in the tackle. NO MALICE!!

That high tackle call was a Shocker as well

whinging is a bit wasted with SARU useless as they are. I don't really watch anymore but if no one whinges the incompetent and the crooked get away with it. Like SA. Unless of course you are Mac Maharaj or Steve Hansen then I fully understand your point. Less whinging is more better.

If we stop watching and the viewership numbers fall then Rugby loses money. The advertisers pay for their adds on a scale based on viewer numbers. All of these multi billion dollar TV contracts is based on viewership numbers. The main sponsors are very much concerned about this. The more people see their add the more they have to pay. The less people interested, the less merchandise will sell and so on....

At the end of the day I want to be entertained on weekends by watching sport. It is supposedly relaxing (or used to be). To be honest I enjoy the EFC cage fighting way more at the moment.

The rugby administrators need to get their act together. They are destroying the sport. And countries like Aus and NZ cannot afford for this to happen. NZ need the money. Aus have to worry about rugby league and Aussie rules....

I think at the moment it is a combination of really bad refs being empowered too much (as there are vuckol recourse for mistakes and them being larger than the game) and also the rule changes not working at all. Together these are making for boring matches with the man in the middle talking and influencing way too much.

An how the hell do they appoint a ref who cannot even speak English properly? No wonder the players got so aggressive. The ref had no control and allowed the crowd to influence him.

See the IRB now suddenly appointing a Stuart Barnes for the Ellispark match.......... Too little too late.

All Blacks were comfortably ahead with all 15 men on the park 17-10, lets drop the ref thing now and get on with it. The Aussies got hammered 2 weeks ago and they crawled back to the board with their tails between their legs. SA fans always the ref the ref the ref the ref the ref... so moeg of hearing it

All Blacks were comfortably ahead with all 15 men on the park 17-10, lets drop the ref thing now and get on with it. The Aussies got hammered 2 weeks ago and they crawled back to the board with their tails between their legs. SA fans always the ref the ref the ref the ref the ref... so moeg of hearing it

The general consensus is more a case of what could have been a great game of rugby being destroyed by the ref. Not many people are saying we were robbed of a victory but the evidence in our scrumming and physicality for 30 mins was quite clear and for the first time in years the All Blacks were starting to go on the back foot. They are still a great side and don't need cheating refs to assist them but the Boks, if they clean up small deficiencies in their game, can be world beaters.

It was announced to-day that the red card record of Bismarck's has been expunged from his record already. That answers a lot of doubters. Remember too that in losing Bismarck we also lost the other "Bone crusher", Willem Alberts!

Well home ground advantage tend to make you start stronger etc. You obviously have never played rugby and do not understand the impact a biased ref + cards does make on a team.

It should/would/could have been a brilliant game but now we will never know. And yes it was the ref.

Are you suggesting we accept bad refereeing then? In this case (as in 2011 WC 1/4 final - which Bryce has admitted to) the game as a contest has been ruined - I demand better.

I think we can safely say that if they could only score 4 tries with 50 minutes of playing 14 men then it's unlikely they would have scored 4 tries if numbers were even. Take one of those tries away and the losing margin comes down to 7 points. The boks would be 2 points behind on the log, and not 4 as it is. This has possibly taken away the final match as a fair decider with us needing to climb a mountain to win the tournament.

As for the all blacks being comfortably ahead, with all 15 on the park it was 10-10 and they were sh1tting woolen sweaters.

Are you suggesting we accept bad refereeing then? In this case (as in 2011 WC 1/4 final - which Bryce has admitted to) the game as a contest has been ruined - I demand better.

I think we can safely say that if they could only score 4 tries with 50 minutes of playing 14 men then it's unlikely they would have scored 4 tries if numbers were even. Take one of those tries away and the losing margin comes down to 7 points. The boks would be 2 points behind on the log, and not 4 as it is. This has possibly taken away the final match as a fair decider with us needing to climb a mountain to win the tournament.

As for the all blacks being comfortably ahead, with all 15 on the park it was 10-10 and they were sh1tting woolen sweaters.

Yep. According to him we should take the team who is ahead after 10 minutes and declare them outright winners.

A poor refereeing decision can really blow the morale of a team.

The pressure of playing the ABs in their backyard is tough enough.

Never mind the energy lost and the blowing up of energy reserves as a 14 man team scramble to defend against 15.

Clown

Yep. According to him we should take the team who is ahead after 10 minutes and declare them outright winners.

The words farting and thunder come to mind..........

Don't even try buddy, people will see things the way they want to and thats that. It is what it is, at the end of the day they need a citing committee for refs and they should be held accountable but until that happens the boks lost. That's what goes down in the history books, no addendum stating the extenuating circumstances, etc.

The words farting and thunder come to mind..........

Don't even try buddy, people will see things the way they want to and thats that. It is what it is, at the end of the day they need a citing committee for refs and they should be held accountable but until that happens the boks lost. That's what goes down in the history books, no addendum stating the extenuating circumstances, etc.

You sound like Messum, I wonder why he deleted his tweet Edited by fabes