Rugby...

'Dale

Fact is that the half seconds wasted by Sloth Pienaar means 2m closer by the defence. Watch the replay and see how many times the first receiver gets man and ball at the same time. Every pass he makes he first draws the ball to his chest then passes. We have a super backline but they have no space to work with.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bismark 1st yellow unfair, even the All Blacks' coach reckons. 2nd yellow with an elbow to Messam throat, yes.

Credit to Meyer though for not blaming the ref or the yellow cards, but stating the boks even had they had a full team for the whole game were not good enough.

Yes, but it was more a case of it coming off wrong. There was not malicious intent with the elbow, the forearm just slid up and connected the wrong spot. If you spent time trawling through past footage of rugby you will see many examples of a forearm block catching elbow first...this was just bad luck.

Secondly, in the light of the game, the TMO should have recognised that there was no intent (as for starters he was not trying to break the line, but rather setup a new phase) and recommended a penalty and no card.

All in all the four officials had a collective shocking display.

I am also interested who in their wisdom decided to have three non english speaking officials on the park

Yes, but it was more a case of it coming off wrong. There was not malicious intent with the elbow, the forearm just slid up and connected the wrong spot. If you spent time trawling through past footage of rugby you will see many examples of a forearm block catching elbow first...this was just bad luck.

Playing the incident in slow motion made it seem a lot worse than it was, if Messam didn't go to ground and complain it would probably have been missed.

So sad that a game with a lot of potential had to end like this. At the end of the first half I really felt that we had a good chance but then I must also say that we were shocking under the high ball. I can't remember seeing Kirchner successfully catching one high ball.

En wat het Jannie du Plessis op daai veld gedoen!? Hy moet maar liewer net praktyk oopmaak... (maar as jy weet wat ek weet sal jy ok nie vertroue he in daai graad van hom nie!)

By beide gaan die lift tot heelbo, die ligte gaan aan ...... Maar damn, die deure maak net nie oop nie!!!!!!!!!

Defence was poor overall, and the kicking game was very bad from the whole team. It used to be a strength of our game. Not kicking out on penalties, aimless kicks up field, and not putting the ball far enough into the crowd to prevent quick throw ins.

Pienaar is the weak link, Vermaak made a difference once he came on.

Pity about the blindness of some refereeing decisions that clouded the result.

Edited by ' Dale

"The ref is always right...If you start making excuses for your team then they start to make excuses... There were a lot of things that weren't good enough even when we had 15 men on the field."

Heyneke, supported in his view by captain Jean de Villiers.

Bulls getting beaten comfortably by 14 WP :-/

Bulls backline looked completely useless on attack till Blommetjies came on.

Secondly, in the light of the game, the TMO should have recognised that there was no intent (as for starters he was not trying to break the line, but rather setup a new phase) and recommended a penalty and no card.

All in all the four officials had a collective shocking display.

I am also interested who in their wisdom decided to have three non english speaking officials on the park

Easier to collectively cheat!

OK so with 4 games to play in the Currie Cup, we may get the following results

WP vs Griquas (WP with at least 4 log points)

Sharks vs FS (Sharks with at least 4 log points, sorry FS, but I think Sharks will take this one)

Lions vs Bulls (Lions, on current form with at least 4 log points)

Cheetahs vs WP (tough one, but lets assume WP with 4 log points)

Lions vs Sharks (another tough one, but lets give it to the home side, so Lions with at least 4 log points)

Griquas vs Bulls (always tough to go to Kimberley, but lets be kind and give this one to the Bulls with 4 log points)

Bulls vs Sharks (Sharks with at least 4 log points)

Griquas vs Cheetahs (almost a home game for FS, so FS with 4 log points)

WP vs Lions (home side advantage, so WP with at least 4 log points)

Lions vs Griquas (Lions with 4 log points, by now Griquas will struggle with depth in their squad)

Cheetahs vs Bulls (Bulls by 4 log points, assuming their Springboks are all available)

Sharks vs WP (Sharks by 4 log points, because its home ground advantage and their Springboks will boost them)

The log would then be:

WP 32

Sharks 31

Lions 27

FS 24

Bulls 18

Griquas 9

The Bulls are going to have to pick up bonus points and at least 2 wins. Their critical game would be the Lions. Less 4 for the Lions and plus 4 to the Bulls would get them in the play offs and then they will have to score some bonus points too.

Does anyone know when last the Bulls did not make the Semi's of the Currie Cup?

"With the role played in determining the direction of the last World Cup by the Bryce Lawrence freak show still fresh in the memory, surely it’s now high time that the stake-holders who are losing out let the IRB know that enough is enough and something radical needs to be done to redress the situation.

When refereeing decisions play the role they did in this match, it feels like I’ve wasted 80 precious minutes of my life, so goodness knows how the players must feel about it."

Gavin Rich, journo

Edited by ' Dale

Soos die ouens deesdae op die veld lê en huil, lyk my rugby gaan ook sokker se kant toe.

Eg. Dagg wat op die grond lê en huil soos baba na habana hom vas gehardloop het.

Spelers en die afrigting span mag nie enige negatiewe komentaar lewer nie. Dan word hul beboet.

Kyk net nick mallet se komentaar na die tyd, dit sê alles!

From Dan Carter's Twitter.

Nothing wrong with the tackle. Fell awkwardly and popped my AC joint #gutted #smashedembro

Spelers en die afrigting span mag nie enige negatiewe komentaar lewer nie. Dan word hul beboet.

Kyk net nick mallet se komentaar na die tyd, dit sê alles!

Dit is bol strint!!!!!! Lê stil, ek gaan jou bykom en die reëls se ek mag nie Vaseline gebruik nie!!!