Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Marcel coetzee should have got man of the match.

My sentiments exactly. That's what I nominated to my friends. JP was good, but nowhere near man of the match.

back to super rugby before we go full international..this got sent to my inbox this morning.

Stormers can still make it!

The mathematical odds are long, but not gone.

We need a solid run from the defending champ Chiefs that will take points off the others contending for qualifier spots. All wins are assuming no bonus points to the loser.

week16

Chiefs beat highlanders

Crusaders beat hurricanes

Blues beat Force (tick)

week17

chiefs beat hurricanes

Reds beat force

Stormers beat Bulls

week18

chiefs beat blues

brumbies beat force

saders beat highlanders

Stormers beat sharks.

If any of these goes the other way then stormers are gone.

Losing bonus points could affect it(highlanders just need 1)

Stormers need to win both games with a 4 try bonus.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

ok Stormers are now mathematically gone. of all the far fetched requirements here, thought the chiefs and crusaders would have covered these ones.

Waratahs and sharks have already sewn up conference titles, so are in no matter what.

Could even see 4 kiwi sides joining them.

What needs to happen for the Stormers to finish ahead of the bulls?

beating them this weekend would be a good start.

more interesting would be to see the wooden spoon chase, lions cheetahs play on final weekend to see play off against the kings. If the lions beat the rebels this weekend, and the cheetahs lose to the sharks then the Lions are home free.

beating them this weekend would be a good start.

more interesting would be to see the wooden spoon chase, lions cheetahs play on final weekend to see play off against the kings. If the lions beat the rebels this weekend, and the cheetahs lose to the sharks then the Lions are home free.

I thought the Kings said they would forgo S15 if they are assured a place in Currie Cup not Div1?

I thought the Kings said they would forgo S15 if they are assured a place in Currie Cup not Div1?

that could well be true. I remember there was talk of the stormers needing to play the relegation game when things were dark in the early season, but maybe that was mos a bit of leg pulling in the first place.

Either kings 2014 is nothing like kings 2013, they would probably get a real snotklap from any of the Super rugby teams.

Man oh man it was cold at Newlands this evening.Almost froze when the rain started and we got drenched.At least we then got to move to better seats.No points scored by Bulls!@#*/

Well done for braving the cold

With 30 000 other die-hards. I enjoyed every minute from the comfort of my lazyboy.

Can't remember when last both the Cheetahs and Stormers won on the same weekend. Who said turnover ball and attacking rugby doesn't win games? I fear Jake's become stale in his philosophy and Gert Smal's been a breath of fresh air.

Can't remember when last both the Cheetahs and Stormers and Lions won on the same weekend. Who said turnover ball and attacking rugby doesn't win games? I fear Jake's become stale in his philosophy and Gert Smal's been a breath of fresh air.

Fixed.

Can't remember when last both the Cheetahs and Stormers won on the same weekend. Who said turnover ball and attacking rugby doesn't win games? I fear Jake's become stale in his philosophy and Gert Smal's been a breath of fresh air.

I agree 100% with you

Looking at the separate logs with one round of league play left...and not much cross conference stuff it's not good reading for SA.

Total points from all 5 teams:

Aus - 182

NZ - 205

SA - 161

not so sure we would motivate the 6th team on this years results(it's a bit more complicated than that. obviously - especially with a whole bunch of saffas playing for the Fors)

edit: that is looking at log points above. Total match points diff is as follows: Aus -50, NZ +177, SA -127

Edited by Shebeen

Ouch! The Wit Tornado was torpedoed by a yellow submarine. I hope I don't sound like Big H now, but it hurts.

Edited by flymango