Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this means we'll get Mitchell now. He'd be a good fit for the Stormers.

Heard rumours about Richie McCaw :ph34r:

I wouldn't say the England coaching job is the biggest international coaching job in the world, but perhaps their media makes it so.

Good luck to him, as it's a loss to SA rubgy. He certainly would've got the Stormers up a level or two and that would've naturally helped the Bokke.

Good for him, Stormers don't deserve him, too much coach for them. ... Looks like him and Jake went to the same school, of chop n change, even before the ink is dry...

Hey stormers....you can have Gary gold...he's looking for a job...just look what he did to the sharks!

Erm no, just no. You can keep that loser, we don't want him.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the players are starting to talk at EP rugby,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441028989451183/permalink/1574004212820326/

and for those that don't have facebook

We received this letter from a player - we have removed his name to ensure no victimization by the Union, showing how difficult things are - however the players still want you to get behind them and support them - hopefully we at ‪#‎Red‬&BlackArmy will post something later today that could possible help them . .

The Kings experience:

It's amazing how people's egos pride and self legacy are more accepted and spoke of than the struggle of its employees and its players. Not one kind act of care has been displayed towards us that have been without salary for two months. We are expected when we get paid to return happy and work out arses off to make a successful campaign, Yes trust we will do that, But remain a laughing stock of SA rugby and won't you all love it if we were to fail but sing our praises if we succeed. But everyone forgetting the struggle we had to endure including times where we aren't even able feed ourselves, bath in warm water cook a warm meal and too look after our family's. We continue getting slated by the press by people behind a screen that has agendas towards top level management. Forgetting that us as players have nothing to do with that stigma. That we are here as well following our dreams ( as players at other unions are) and creating a future for ourselves. Playing the game we love and want to all compete on the highest level possible.

I would like to urge everyone to get behind us (even if you don't like the Kings - That I am proud to be apart of) Support us and Atleast spare a kind thought knowing that it has been a tough period for us as professional athlete. We are people as well with a dream desire and I guarantee you harder work ethic than most.

We continue being happy and continue smiling through this challenging period it won't break us only prepare us for what lies ahead in 2016.

If you would be so kind to contribute any sort of resources that will ease our cause, Please message me.

Thank you all for reading
Kind regards

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441028989451183/permalink/1574163692804378/

Another letter - is Pandora's box opening?

My time at the Kings has been a surreal one, something an award winning writer couldn't of written, it's been turbulent, something out of a horror novel, something that no one should go through or experience. The experiences we've had to endure have been painful to say the least, experiences I don't wish on my worst enemies.
This whole payment ordeal has been the icing on the cake. Dealing with a president that would give Hitler a proper run for his money, dealing with his constant lying and comments like "I'm a Christian but I'll slit your throat and ask for forgiveness" has been damaging to say the least. How management and son have employed strategies of fear and intimidation to keep power has created an environment where people are scared to talk and be themselves and where the Kings as a team has dissolved into a minority with political and/or hidden agendas.
People must understand than its not only the players but their families and friends that have all been caught in the middle of this diabolical mess. The sheer arrogance of the people in charge has led the union straight into the pits of debt,employees who are being blacklisted and players and staff doing anything to make ends meat, the inability of the bosses to land sponsors or win any sort of goodwill has been diminished along with young players dreams and goals. How can a president still have the audacity to hold a chair in office and not relinquish his reign? The best interests of the real assets (the players) are being totally disregarded by EP/SARU and the players association which is SARPA. Who have "acted" by giving a R1000 food voucher... I ask you!!! What is your food bill?? How much is your bond? Your car? School fees? Medical aid? Etc etc etc...
When will proper due diligence prevail and the livelihoods of the players be made most important. The president has failed. It's got nothing to do with transformation/quota system/which Union is fielding the most players of color, it's got everything to do with people's lives, people like you and me, normal people with normal responsibilities and bills. Left and right you see comments from all corners, SARU, The DA, the transformation coalition, the clubs , yet the real crux of the problem is still seated in his chair of power , the dictator who as of the first month of this happening should of been without a job, yet political partnerships are more important than the lives of people. Yes I am a player, and yes I'm keeping my name anonymous, not because I'm a coward, but because I know the Kings is run by a "family mafia" and I'm afraid of the consequences people close to me may be subjected too. Judging by threatening messages my team mates and staff members have received from father and son, I'm making the right decision to remain anonymous. Earlier today a team mate cried out for help, I'm joining that train, however I'm not asking for money, I'm asking for action, people to stand up against the atrocities of this dictatorship, get rid of "Hitler", and everyone that comes along with him, and this Union will flourish. However, all I see in the country is a rugby board and union (SARU and unions) driven by agendas , rotten to the core. I pray God will not only help the Kings, but help South Africa. Rugby in this country is burning and falling. People don't understand how toxic and poisonous this environment is, it's sickening and dysfunctional , and please supporters of the Kings and everyone out there must understand , this is no joke, players and employees are suffering, being kicked out of their homes, cars being taken away, electricity being cut off and living on bowls of rice. This is a tragedy. Players are suffering and the blood is on the hands of the man at the helm.

It would seem that more disaster is looming large for the Boks.  It looks like Tootie might be their new coach.  Good flippen luck boys.  If you think HM was bad, this guy is even worse.  This guy forces players to stick ONLY to his gameplan.  If you don't, you get fined.  No such thing as inventive play with this one.