Rugby...

'Dale

"breakdown mid point" - What the hell? So you can only play the ball if it is in your half of the pile of bodies.

They are probably trying to speed the game up, but to me it seems like it is just getting more and more complicated. And subject to more frustration as every ref will blow it differently

Ek verstaan okkie soe lekkaa nie ????????

Ja nee my kop het ook maar lekker gedraai!

Leeubok as ons dit nou mooi verstaan ja kan net die bal aan jou kant van die ruck/breakdown speel. Die agterste voet storie gaan 'n moeilike ding wees om reg te kry. Skeidsregters staan mos nie altyd loodreg teenoor die spel nie. En die gebruik van die hande gaan seker ook maar nie lekker beheer wees nie. Een stel reels, 15 soorte verstandhoudings!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While o the subject of that show:

John Kirwin - never really liked him, as he thought so much of himself and very little of the Boks. Nothing much has changed.

Jeff Wilson, the host of the show, thinks the Boks are the biggest threat to the AB d ominance - based on our match against them in the 1/2 of last year's RWC.

I hope he is right and JK can eat some humble pie more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Boks can get close, and ever so occasionally win, on guts, courage and stampkar rugby we can definitely be proper competition for the AB's if we get our game plan sorted.

The Boks left a lot of points on the park last week with execution being one of the major issues. We need to get cohesion going before the tests against the Aussies and the AB's. The Aussie tests we can win if we play well, the tests against the AB's not a chance of winning but could certainly run them closer than the rest of the RC.

Predictions for the weekend:

More heartache for the Aussies - AB's by at least 15 to 20 points.

Boks to win, with more progress towards a balanced combination of ball in hand and kick chase game that AC's trying to bring in, by 7 to 15 points taking into account the Argies improvement over the past 5 years.

I'm predicting a smaller margin for the Boks.

As for the second Bledisloe test... AB's by 15

Nou toe nou.

The days when we accepted a win over the Argies as granted is now past.  Our team keeps on playing rugby to a very fixed game plan, and our competition knows exactly what that plan is. The Argies cut so many times through our defence because they know who in the backline can't tackle. The ABs will have a party against us.

Edited by Moridin

Pumas showed great attacking okay

Bokkies were always chasing the game

Cool individual record for Habana Banana

Wonder if Etsebeth, who came out supporting AC's game plan (taking the Stormers plan and making it the Springboks) still believes with a few tweek's it will bear fruit.  Australia on the 10th Sept, a loss to them after they were thumped by the All Blacks will really put pressure on.

I'm predicting a smaller margin for the Boks.

As for the second Bledisloe test... AB's by 15

I'm still busy cleaning the egg off of my face, and you?

Wonder if Etsebeth, who came out supporting AC's game plan (taking the Stormers plan and making it the Springboks) still believes with a few tweek's it will bear fruit. Australia on the 10th Sept, a loss to them after they were thumped by the All Blacks will really put pressure on.

Leaving 14 points on the park didn't help either.

Two weeks. To fix things. Lots and lots and lots of things.

Eish I am starting to think that for a second year running we will be the RC's wooden spoon.

I'm still busy cleaning the egg off of my face, and you?

I never watched the game (family party + power failure).

Embarrassed - not really

Surprised - not at all

On Superbru, I went for a 2 point win for the Boks - even though I had my doubts.

I never watched the game (family party + power failure).

Embarrassed - not really

Surprised - not at all

On Superbru, I went for a 2 point win for the Boks - even though I had my doubts.

Apparently you should've listened to your doubts and I should've been more realistic.

Couldn't get a radio broadcast so I had to make do with text commentary from R365 and about 3/4 of the way through I could 'see' we were going to lose this one. Just a little surprised that we got within 2 points. Back to the same place we were after the Ireland series.

Busy watching the game now. Bok rugby is in deep trouble! AC needs to clean out all the dead wood, starting with his captain. I'm worried however about our coaching team, I don't think they have the know how to fix this bok team. AC's province record speaks for itself. Stick doesn't even have a coaching record.

AB's and aus going to murder the Boks..

Busy watching the game now. Bok rugby is in deep trouble! AC needs to clean out all the dead wood, starting with his captain. I'm worried however about our coaching team, I don't think they have the know how to fix this bok team. AC's province record speaks for itself. Stick doesn't even have a coaching record.

Depressing really. I'm not an expert on technical stuff so I have no idea where you would start fixing this. It's like the guys are not really interested. No passion. And that can't be right. You don't get to that level without a strongly competitive character. No gees.

Captaincy change is a good start hey

On-field leadership responsibility, inspiration and decision-making is lacking

Depressing really. I'm not an expert on technical stuff so I have no idea where you would start fixing this. It's like the guys are not really interested. No passion. And that can't be right. You don't get to that level without a strongly competitive character. No gees.

Finding a way to get the team to properly execute the game plan (if there's one at all, R365 doesn't seem to think there is) and make correct decisions would be a start. Getting them to string phases together when they have possession would be another aspect they would need to work on. Captaincy is another issue. The wrong man has the armband and he isn't good enough to be in the squad as far as I'm concerned. Our three best no 2's are Marx, Bizzie and jointly Mbonambi & Ntubeni. Loose trio (6,7,8) needs balancing. Kriel for Louw would be a good start. We need an effective center pairing whether that means Goosen into 12 or drafting in RJVR, De Allende needs to be replaced. A 13 is only as good as his 12 allows him to be, Mapoe getting shafted a bit. Ditto for 10 provided that EJ has been poorly executing AC's plan, however I am not entirely sure that's the case. Also who to replace EJ with? No stand out 10's at the moment and Steyn is at best a stopgap solution. Those are some of the issues. Nick raises some others in this article:

http://m.sarugbymag.co.za/?postslug=/blog/details/nick-mallett3

Hope that helps.

Chean Roux way out of his depth too I suspect.

Agreed re captaincy and the dead wood!

Good assessment there mntboy. I would add our tight 5 as another reason why our backs are getting crap ball. Beast is also there on reputation, Etzebeth as good as he is, is lazy. Psdt should replace lood and mostert should be on the bench. Unfortunately I doubt AC has the goons to do any of the above.