Top Posters In This Topic

Sevens:

Singapore leg

Kenyans won gold last year at this fixture

This year Canada

Wow

Magic

Loftus faithful have lost their patience

If there was a need for any indication of just how far the Bulls have fallen, the paltry crowd that turned up at Loftus on Saturday certainly provided an indication. With the Pretoria-based side having fallen to a new low when they lost to the unheralded Sunwolves last weekend, only 5,847 turned up at the Bulls’ hallowed home ground to watch the encounter against the Jaguares. For the Bulls, it would have been painful to see spectators speaking with their feet.

SA Rugby Mag dot co za

If there was a need for any indication of just how far the Bulls have fallen, the paltry crowd that turned up at Loftus on Saturday certainly provided an indication. With the Pretoria-based side having fallen to a new low when they lost to the unheralded Sunwolves last weekend, only 5,847 turned up at the Bulls’ hallowed home ground to watch the encounter against the Jaguares. For the Bulls, it would have been painful to see spectators speaking with their feet.

SA Rugby Mag dot co za

Most important question. Was Steve there?

SA Rugby Mag dot co za

Bulls needed a wake up call perhaps this was it. They are capable of playing much better and will have to start producing that if they are to win back the fans.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Kings beat the Warratahs (champs in 2014) in Aus by 2 points, Aus rugby must be worse than I thought.

The points table shows the Aussies are k@k, and this result just confirms it.

You know the system is flawed when the top Aussie team (currently in 10th place) gets an automatic spot in the knockout rounds.

post-1372-0-27851900-1492777739_thumb.png

That's by participation which means nothing in terms of money generation. They still have larger attendance figures at super rugby in Australia than we have in South Africa.

This was from 2016...

The Nelson Mandela Stadium in the Bay was only 15% full during Super Rugby matches, with an average of 6 914 spectators tallied per match.

Toyota Stadium in Bloemfontein was only 17% full, with an average spectator attendance of 7 780.

Cape Town’s Newlands Stadium was the only local venue that was more than 50% full (52%, with an average spectator tally of 26 992).

Newlands is followed by Kings Park (45%, 23 591), Loftus Versfeld (35%, 17 921) and Ellis Park (32%, 19 808), although the capacity of 62 567 at Ellis Park is higher than that of the other stadiums.

edit: found this website giving 2015 stats

https://rugby.statbunker.com/competitions/HomeAttendance?comp_id=477

Stormers, Bulls, Lions and Sharks the top 4 home based figures.

Edited by Frosty

been watching a bit of super rugby. highlanders have now put 50 points past the stormers.

BUT from what i can see there is no offsides line at any ruck whatsoever(for the highlanders...finally pinged the stormers on it)

edit(but i'm guessing the stormers have been pretty crap)

Edited by hikerbiker

Another Kiwi snotklap for the Stormers

Hurricanes next

Hopefully they can stop the klappe

Malcolm Marx ????????????

First forward to score 6 tries in 6 consecutive games in the history of Super Rugby

Wow