Rugby...

'Dale

Female ref running the show in the game between Force and Waratahs.

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a first for Super-Rugby?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

email just tells me my LIONS tour tickets will be refunded in full.

looks like empty stadiums pretty much confirmed.

SARugby will be taking a big hit on the transaction fees i guess

• 2 weeks later...

SA Rugby and the British & Irish Lions confirmed a revised Lions Series fixture list and venues on Friday. All eight matches of the Tour will be played in Gauteng and Cape Town to minimise the risks of disruption that could be caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The schedule accommodates stable team bases and training venues and significantly reduces travel.

The Series will now kick off in Gauteng (rather than Cape Town) with three matches against provincial opposition before moving to Cape Town for two more warm-up matches before the first Test at Cape Town Stadium on Saturday, July 24.

Sauce: Rugby365

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

SA Rugby and the British & Irish Lions confirmed a revised Lions Series fixture list and venues on Friday. All eight matches of the Tour will be played in Gauteng and Cape Town to minimise the risks of disruption that could be caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The schedule accommodates stable team bases and training venues and significantly reduces travel.

The Series will now kick off in Gauteng (rather than Cape Town) with three matches against provincial opposition before moving to Cape Town for two more warm-up matches before the first Test at Cape Town Stadium on Saturday, July 24.

Sauce: Rugby365

Should do all the warm up matches in Cape town, and then bam, send them up to altitude for the tests ????

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 12:48 PM, Vetplant said:

It's been coming for a while now. Finally, it is confirmed.

https://ewn.co.za/2021/06/15/pro14-teams-up-with-sa-rugby-to-form-united-rugby-championship

I was reading about this on another source. Good for some reasons, not so good for others.

Good: Saturday mornings are for riding, not watching rugby
Bad: We don't play against the best teams/franchises

Just now, Frosty said:

I was reading about this on another source. Good for some reasons, not so good for others.

Good: Saturday mornings are for riding, not watching rugby
Bad: We don't play against the best teams/franchises

Agree, but I also wonder how we can know whether Super rugby was really that strong if our franchises never played against the European Clubs.

The Bulls dominated the local version of the Rainbow cup, but then got a beating in Europe. Granted, if the Bulls played the Blues or Highlanders this last weekend we might have received an even bigger beating.

At least we will be playing teams from other countries, that is great. Playing only local derbies give you absolutely no idea where you are at and you don't get the same impetus to improve.

The Test Matches against NZ will just increase in stature going forward because of this move away from Super rugby. We can all agree that they are our fiercest opponent and when we are on top of our own form, we are theirs.

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

test match week is here (i think)

going to be a weird match for sure

I can imagine the confusion in emotions for players in an empty stadium.

Playing the Lions with the crowd behind you must be thrilling. Now it will only be your team-mates egging you on.

• 2 months later...

Bokkies back to nr 1 in the world after a crazy few weeks. 

Teams Points
1 (2) South Africa; RSA 91.13
2 (1) New Zealand; NZL 90.97
3 (3) Australia; AUS 86.99

16 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Genius analysis as always ???? 

squidge has got sponsorship!

he did choose to not point out the obvious penalty error of FSteyn on Dmac, but he normally leaves the ref decisions out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...